thehappyphilosopher

Say hello!!
thehappyphilosopher

thehappyphilosopher

Post by thehappyphilosopher »

Greetings!

I've been a longtime reader and lurker here on ere. I've started blogging recently and thought some of my stuff would interest the ere crowd since my philosophy is heavily influenced by the ideas of financial freedom and independence. Thank you Jacob for your dedication to this topic and all the great material you have given me/us over the years!

Feel free to visit/comment upon/mock my site everyone ;)

Sincerely,
Thehappyphilosopher

http://thehappyphilosopher.com/

Hankaroundtheworld

Re: thehappyphilosopher

Post by Hankaroundtheworld »

I looked at it, and yes, becoming free in your mind & taking actions to reach your goals & build meaningful relationships, are for sure good ingredients to become and stay happy in life. Looking at the style of your writing, it seems to me that you want to come across as a sort of spiritual leader, and in italics, you assume a lot of what your audience might think of your wisdom (what audience are you expecting?), and then you fill in the gaps and lead them to the light, and even give homework :-) Well, i had a smile reading it, and good luck!

thehappyphilosopher

Hankaroundtheworld,

Thank you for reading it and the feedback. I had to smile at the idea of me as a spiritual leader though, I'm just a guy trying to figure out what makes us humans so fascinating!

Honestly I have no idea what to expect, I've never blogged or really done any serious writing before. I guess I'll find my voice and audience as I put more content out there. I just hope someone reads it and can find something useful to apply to their own lives.

My own life has been changed dramatically by bloggers like Jacob and many others who just believed in something and took the time to tell the world their story.

Again, I'm very grateful for your feedback as right now I'm pretty much flying blind. If I made you smile then I'm already succeeding! I'll probably post once or twice a week so check back in or subscribe :)

Hankaroundtheworld

Post by Hankaroundtheworld »

I have tried to give some subtle hints, but I guess, they were too subtle, anyway, i hope you find your audience!

thehappyphilosopher

Hankaroundtheworld wrote:I have tried to give some subtle hints, but I guess, they were too subtle, anyway, i hope you find your audience!
Haha, I guess they were. Subtlety is difficult to convey in writing and I'm certainly not great at picking it up. In conversation my sarcasm meter is finely tuned I assure you 8-)

I've thought more about your audience question as it is an important one to anyone who writes. I think many authors write to themselves, and I guess that's what I'm doing. This is not to say that an audience doesn't shape ones writing, but once a blogger stops being themselves and just writes for writings sake I think something gets lost. My audience is whoever wants to read it. I write about my experiences, values, beliefs and observations through my lens. I write for me, because I am enjoying it. If someone else finds value then it's an added bonus.

I'll post links to my posts (in this thread only, so if someone is not interested please ignore. I don't want to be spammy and annoying) every now and then and if anything catches your interest give it a read. Deal?

And even though your feedback was subtle, I still appreciate you taking the time.

The(notsubtle)HappyPhilosopher

thehappyphilosopher

http://thehappyphilosopher.com/how-to-retire-by-40/

No new information here to anyone who understands ERE, but maybe mildly entertaining to some :)

Happy April Fools Day!

Did

Post by Did »

Paragraphs would make your blog posts easier to read.

thehappyphilosopher

Did wrote:Paragraphs would make your blog posts easier to read.
Quite true. You will be pleased to know it is my only blog post written in stream of consciousness mode, all others have paragraphs :)