New from Boston, MA

Say hello!!
fimpossible

New from Boston, MA

Post by fimpossible »

Hi everyone,

My name is Jonathan, recently relocated to Boston, MA. I have a wife, kids (one daughter and incoming triplet :shock:). This situation might seem difficult to envision early retirement or financial independence. But, I have read ERE book and "work less, live more" (sorry for the publicity but this was also a good book ;)) and I am convinced that US is the right place to become financially independent. I am looking forward to learn from anyone (who failed or succeed) and to get advice about dropping the cost of living in MA.

I also hope to meet the Bostonian community :-)

Cheers!

Dragline

Re: New from Boston, MA

Post by Dragline »

Start following the Frugalwoods -- they are practically your neighbors and have lots of advice and experience:

http://www.frugalwoods.com/

Dave

Post by Dave »

Welcome Jonathan.

Everyone comes to the present moment with a unique situation, and it sounds like you are working hard to provide a good life for your family. Have you considered keeping an ERE journal for tracking your progress and getting feedback?

Best of luck with everything!

Able was I ERE

Post by Able was I ERE »

There's a Mr Money Mustache group that meets regularly. Here's the meet-up thread on MMM and Google group boston-mustachians where they coordinate meetups.