Hello from Taiwan.

Say hello!!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hello to everyone here. My name is Simon
I hope to be retired in two years. I am 35.
My wife and I live in Taiwan. Although I am from New Zealand. I teach English as well as proofreading academic papers for publication.
We saved a lot because we had our own English school that did very well, as well as us both being frugal. At that time we saved 85% of our income. Now that my wife doesn't work, I guess we save 60%.
My major interest is learning more about investment. I have my own strategy that is unlike a lot of what I have read here and elsewhere. It is based on the work of John Price, an Australian professor of Mathematics. The system is called Conscious Investor. I have no affiliation with the company, but I believe in it, so I will mention it.
My goal is to keep my 8 hour a week proofreading job and go and live in the countryside of Taiwan and basically relax.

Jon

Post by Jon »

Hello,
I looked at the conscious investor website and I'm sort of confused about the strategy. It seems to be a set of algorithms based off of Warren Buffets investment tips. Is this correct?

Simon

Post by Simon »

The initial selection of fundamental criteria are Buffett-like - high ROE and ROC, stable earnings growth, moat, low debt, high cash flow .
But the actual valuation approach in terms of when to buy and sell I would suspect is not because no one really knows how Buffett does it.
The website is too promotional for my liking, but the meat and bones of the method work very well and those who use it properly will get above average results.