Gratitude and a Hello

Say hello!!
Wharnock

Gratitude and a Hello

Post by Wharnock »

Greetings everyone!

I cannot express how glad I am that places like this forum exist on the internet. Seeing dialogue between people such as you all is wonderfully reassuring. In a world where very few people put much thought into their future, it is a great thing to see people passionate about optimizing their lives and living meaningful existences.

I have always been interested in finance and financial planning and over the last year, I was exposed to this idea of financial independence and early retirement. I have a degree in finance from the university I attended and that's nice and all but there was no focus on the sort of planning and system design that we are all attempting here. To me, reading forums such as this and blogs like the ERE blog are more valuable than seemingly most college classes covering topics of finance.

What is especially awesome about you people is that you're willing to discuss the deeper meaning of things. Why are we doing this? What does it matter? What are we looking to achieve? You all think several steps deeper than the average person and I couldn't be happier to be joining you all.

My own personal goal is simply to figure out a system that can be applied to the majority of people and their unique situation that, when followed, creates the optimal existence with meaning and purpose while also adding the most value to our surrounding communities and broader societies. Simple enough right? I may never figure out a definitive answer to what I'd like to accomplish but I've got a significant chunk of my life ahead of me to do so. And now I have all of you to help bounce questions off of and have conversations.

Thank you all for who you are and I look forward to talking more!

sky

Re: Gratitude and a Hello

Post by sky »

Welcome

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

Hey there Wharnock, glad to have you join the fun. :)

Wharnock

Post by Wharnock »

sky wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:22 am
Welcome
Thank you!
AxelHeyst wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:58 am
Hey there Wharnock, glad to have you join the fun. :)
Glad and excited to be here :)