Greetings All

Say hello!!
free40

Greetings All

Post by free40 »

Semi-retired at 31 after working my ass off in my twenties and saving/investing every spare penny in index funds mostly. I worked a couple 3-4 month stints since than but only enough to reach the threshold for paying taxes. Now at 37 and have spent the bulk of the last 6 years travelling. Wondering if there are any other pyoung people here in the same boat?

zarathustra

Re: Greetings All

Post by zarathustra »

Hi @free40! Welcome!

I've been mostly off this board the last several years, but have recently returned! I think I "retired" at 31 (I'm 38 now) but I have also worked stints, traveled a lot, started a very small business, gone back to part time school, etc. I do what I want. I actually don't like travel very much anymore and really want to just put down roots and build community. Are you still planning on traveling a lot? What was your favorite ERE job-stint? Mine was schlepping big fancy rugs into big fancy homes. I enjoyed being under the radar. I could tell my very liberal employer and the very liberal rich people thought I was poor and unfortunate and they were doing me a favor. I was just enjoying the beautiful rugs and beautiful homes and the hard labor carrying heavy rugs up and down stairs, moving pianos and furniture, etc.

basuragomi

Post by basuragomi »

2Birds1Stone is doing much the same thing. I'll probably stop full-time work around 32, though I'm not planning a heavy travel stint.

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

i'm 38 and if all is well, have 2-3 years left, which i will do ... at some point in the future. I don't work now, I'm scratching my balls to see what's up with covid -- but also, i just don't want to work now.