Greetings from Vienna, Austria

Say hello!!
Flurry

Greetings from Vienna, Austria

Post by Flurry »

Hey! :)
First thanks for unlocking my account. I am 30yo male living in Vienna, Austria (Mozart, not kangaroos :D ) together my wife.

We don't live completely frugal (I have no problems with being an extreme saver but my wife has "higher living standards", which is okay, I didn't marry her to be super frugal). So we live in a nice rented apartment with a small garden which causes slightly higher housing costs than necessary, bringing my personal savings rate to about 65% while our shared savings rate (we have shared finances so this matters more) is around 55%. Quite easy as a couple in the software industry.

My personal goal is not to retire early but achieve financial freedom as soon as possible to I can work what I want with the conditions that I want. My main priority is to leave the meaningless software engineering world (I love programming but not the kind that makes money), the full-time work (3 days work sound much better than 5 days) and the office (I'd love to do something were I move instead of sitting the whole day). A shared goal with my wife is equally-shared parenting so as soon as we have a kid, so we can both care about the child and work a job we enjoy.

The investing strategy is a mix of 30% fixed income (33% US-$ Preferred Shares, 33% CA-$ Preferred Shares, 33% European € P2P-Lending Plattforms) and 70% dividend stocks (Focus on dividend quality and consistence, 50% North America, 25% Europa, 25% Asia). The goal is reached as soon as net dividends/interest exceed our expenses. We have no liabilities of any kind.

That's about me. I hope to learn a lot here, have a nice day. ;)

Alice_AU

Re: Greetings from Vienna, Austria

Post by Alice_AU »

Welcome Flurry, and Greetings from the land of kangaroos)

Flurry

Post by Flurry »

Thanks. :)

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

When I was in Vienna I did notice they had "No kangaroos in Austria" t-shirts for the tourists and lmao-d. Do people really make this mistake that often? Sounds incredible

Alice_AU

Post by Alice_AU »

ertyu wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:33 am
When I was in Vienna I did notice they had "No kangaroos in Austria" t-shirts for the tourists and lmao-d. Do people really make this mistake that often? Sounds incredible
Yes they do)
My own mother just called me from Bulgaria and accused me of lying. You see, I’ve been telling her that our Coronavirus numbers here in Australia got quite low recently, but she looked on Worldometers and saw 4000+ per day. So I was the horrible child trying to deceive the poor unsuspecting parent... Except of course, she looked at Austria...

Flurry

Post by Flurry »

Funnily yes. It never happened me but I have witnessed a couple times that someone ordered something online and the delivery took forever because it was first sent to Australia and then all the way back to Austria. :D