Hi from germany

Say hello!!
kan

Hi from germany

Post by kan »

Hi!

I've been a lurker in this forum for a few years, so it feels like I already know everybody :)

Currently my family of four and me (m, late twenties) are living in rural bavaria. I'm interested in a lifestyle which inevitably leads to financial independence, although this is not the main driver for this lifestyle.

Things I'm interested in:
  • sustainability
  • some kind of permaculture/ self-sufficiency - e. g. growing own food, keeping chicken
  • independence
  • DIY, fixing used stuff
Our lifestyle leads to a savings rate of ~ 50-60%.

Our goals in the next years are among others: Bilding an efficient system that combines the things that are important to us, reducing the dependence of my job, producing renewable energy, reducing waste.

This is one of my favorite places on the internet - I'm looking forward to become part of it. :)

horsewoman

Re: Hi from germany

Post by horsewoman »

Grias di :)

Welcome to the forums, fellow Bavarian!

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Telling us the things important to you might help you when making that efficient system.

wolf

Post by wolf »

Welcome kan!
Do you mean net "producing renewable energy"?
The sun shines a lot in Bavaria, so solar would be helpful. I'm pretty sure you know, just wanted to point out the many sun-shining hours in Bavaria ;-)

horsewoman

Post by horsewoman »

Actually, this summer we have had very little sun in Bavaria and lots of rain (which is totally great, since the rest of Germany is in severe danger of draughts).
But yes, in general, solar is great here. We have a large unit and it is a very important corner stone of our semi-ERE lifestyle. Unfortunately these days the juicy government sponsored contacts for solar panels are no longer available, but electricity is expensive here, so even producing your own is very helpful.

Vaikeasti

Post by Vaikeasti »

Welcome abroad! And congrats on being the 1000th forum user that has introduced! :D

I'm really interested on learning from you. :)