Hello from Denmark

Say hello!!
saltefanden

Hello from Denmark

Post by saltefanden »

Hi all,

I have been a lurker for a few years on this forum. Finally wanted to say hi :)
I am from Aarhus, Denmark, and as a lot of people on this forum, is a software developer.
It's inspiring to read so many alternative approaches to life as is present on these forums. I hope to be able to make my own contributions as well.
I dream of moving out of my apartment into a house with a nice garden to grow my own vegetables. To have a kid or two and a lot of time to be with them as well. To get your spending in your own control seems to be the best approach I have come across so far. So I feel I am in the right place :)

Thanks for all your great contributions to this site and to have accumulated so much good material of interrest for so many of us on this forum.
I'll see you on the forums. Stay safe :)

thedollar

Re: Hello from Denmark

Post by thedollar »

Hi saltefanden!

Nice to hear from a fellow Dane. Hope you achieve your goals. This site for sure has some very power tools available which I am sure you are aware as well as great accounts of them being applied (look for the journals). I'm sure it'd be a very salty journal if you chose to do one (I had to google your username :lol: ).

saltefanden

Post by saltefanden »

Haha, yea I couldn't resist picking a character name from my favourite satire show :) - I get the feeling that a lot of danes are present on this forum. Maybe we all got introduced through the article about ERE in Berlingske (Danish newspaper) ? At least I did :)
I have actually just started a journal called 'The expedients journal towards ERE'. I hope it can help motivate me to go the extra mile :)
Thanks for the warm welcome!

liberty

Post by liberty »

Velkommen for fanden!!
saltefanden wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:36 am
and as a lot of people on this forum, is a software developer.
How can this be that so many devs hate our job so much that we search for "early retirement extreme"? :D

Personally, I love programming (at least small and chill project), but I don't like to work as one (even though there are short, good periods in between all the pain).

saltefanden

Post by saltefanden »

That's a good question. I feel kind of the same. I also enjoy the programming part but at work there's a lot of interruptions with mails and meetings so it's hard to get focused and often are left with a feeling of always being a little behind. If I could just have someone else define all the work that needed to be done and then I could do all the implementation that would be nice :)
I think many developers feel that way and maybe that is why a lot of people search for ERE so they can just stay home and do all the fun parts :)