Salutations!

Say hello!!
SwissArmyWife

Salutations!

Post by SwissArmyWife »

Hello everybody!

Contrary to what my username might indicate, I am a single woman and quickly approaching 30. I've always been a minimalist, probably on the extreme side as I can pack everything I own into my small car in a single trip when moving, and first discovered Jacob's blog years ago. Afterwards I saw what MMM was doing but it never really clicked with me. I'm not sure if it was the community, or the philosophy behind it, or what. I never really took it to heart until I discovered Jacob's 21 day makeover and read his book last year. Since then I have had the trouble of never meeting anybody who shares the mindset of both ERE and minimalism and so I hope to make some new friends and connections with all of you and Jacob as well if he wishes.

Okay so a bit about me. I make a very small $42k gross per year with a high school diploma and so the ERE mindset is probably necessary for me to reach any sense of financial security which is becoming more and more important to me as I age. I am primarily a musician and love to play guitar, piano, ukulele, and sing. Outside of this passions include the outdoors, bushcraft, technology, gaming, and reading. I am not free of debt yet, however, over the last two years have brought my net worth positive at least and am working in the right direction. Currently I am focusing on the debt. Once that is finished then I should be able to be around 50% savings rate as, outside of debt, my current spending is at $12k per year.

Thank you to all of you who contribute to this community and I look forward to interacting with you all! :D

George the original one

Re: Salutations!

Post by George the original one »

Welcome! Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.

SwissArmyWife

Post by SwissArmyWife »

George the original one wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:20 pm
Welcome! Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.
Thank you! I certainly hope so. I already feel so late to the party but I imagine late is better than never!

wolf

Post by wolf »

Welcome!