Hello everyone

Say hello!!
gubbe

Hello everyone

Post by gubbe »

Greetings everyone.

I have been a long time lurker on this forum that contains so many amazing people and ideas. Now, I have decided to create my own account and to introduce myself.

I discovered Jacob’s ideas regarding ERE and this website in the summer of 2016. Right from the beginning, I found the ERE philosophy deeply inspiring and I wanted to understand and learn more. Soon after I discovered ERE and this website, I ordered Jacob’s book from Amazon and I have now read Jacob's book a couple of times.

I would like to thank Jacob for publishing his ideas which have had a huge positive impact on my life. Before being exposed to the ERE philosophy, I felt that my life had no direction or purpose other than getting a high paying job, buying a house and achieving social status. I feel that I have set my priorities straight in life now thanks to ERE.

My personality type is INTJ. I am a 29 years old male. I live with my girlfriend in an apartment which I own. I have a well-paid job but I work many hours each week which is exhausting and leaves me with limited spare time. Thus, I only have limited spare time for reading, learning new skills, exercise etc.

My long-term goal is financial independence. It will probably take at least 10 years from now before I reach financial independence.

The last couple of years, I have spend a large part of my income on paying off debt. Accordingly, I now have a decent amount of house equity. Also, I own a small portfolio of index funds. In 2020 and in the coming years, I plan to invest more than half my income and start building a portfolio (and only using a limited amount on debt reduction since the remaining debt is low interest). I have read 3 books concerning investing in 2019 but I still have a lot to learn. I plan to invest in index funds until I have gained a better understanding on stock picking.

My interests are reading (both fiction and non-fiction), being in the nature, hiking and going to art museums. I am not very good at cooking but I hope to improve this skill in the coming years.

I am not entirely sure how active I will be on this forum. At some point in time, I may start my own journal in order to keep track on my progress towards FI.

wolf

Re: Hello everyone

Post by wolf »

Welcome gubbe!
If you'd start a journal I'd read it definitely.