Norwegian ere

Say hello!!
Sathera

Norwegian ere

Post by Sathera »

Hi,
I am a student looking into saving more money, Reading YMOYL has changed my life. I now after 6 months have substantial savings. I have about 3-4 more months to have a full 6 month emergency fund.

And after that I am going to look into buying a place to live. This is a much more long term goal and will probably have to be combined with saving in stocks. As A student I don`t make a lot of money. So I have to be patient. Looking forward to hear of any student hacks you guys know. And would be amazing to meet other Norwegians.

Thanks for reading,
S

wolf

Re: Norwegian ere

Post by wolf »

Welcom Sathera. Read the ERE book, and it will probably change your life again.

Sathera

Post by Sathera »

I don`t like reading kindle and the hardcover is almost impossible to get from the library. :lol:

But I listen to radical personal finance and have heard some interviews with Jacob. I like the style a lot. I have a lot of issues in my life that needs fixing. So getting the money situation under control has helped a lot in my studies, fitness and social relationships.

I have been losing weight as a simple result of less stress and eating at home. :D

I have been more productive because I don`t feel the need to go out as much.

And because I need more energy to get all my stuff dine I have taken up running 3 times a week.

All in all, FIRE has changed a lot of things in a short time for me. :)

wolf

Post by wolf »

Buy the book. It is worth every penny!

Sathera

Post by Sathera »

I guess it will be arriving my mail sometime this month...:P

Vaikeasti

Post by Vaikeasti »

Welcome northern new friend!

(In Finland) being a part-time working student really is the best of both worlds in my opinion. You get student discounts and student resourses (like school libraries and such) but you earn real money from the work. It's "easy" to save since saying you are a student implies to everyone that you are poor and gets you away from social pressure to buy stuff. Also it is more approved to talk about frugal tips in this context I think. I wish I could be a student forever. ;)

Nothing personal to anyone; I get triggered when anyone says you must buy something. That is still throwing money at a problem. This is not a religion where you need to know the exact same words for everything (I hope). :?

You can really get far by just reading ERE.com. All the basic principles you need can be attained elsewhere too. But I think the book helps tremendeously if you are not the brightest (out of the box thinker) but just average (like me).
Or you could read the exellent journal of wolf where the basics are being covered really well! :D

Good luck on your journey. Stay dedicated!

Sathera

Post by Sathera »

Thank you Vaikeasti. :D

liberty

Post by liberty »

Great start on the ERE journey, Sathera - glad you discovered ERE this early :) I will be following!