Eric's Dream intro

Say hello!!
EricsDream

Eric's Dream intro

Post by EricsDream »

Hello all. Just saying Hi. Hanging out outside the library this morning and about to check out Naked Warrior and getting rid of my gym membership next month.

I got ERE a few weeks ago by recommendation through a digging quest that started when I was probably 21 and now 27.5yro.

I tried living in a van in LA downtown Hollywood for a few months from november to march 2015->2016.

With a passion for music my wall to make the music I want seemed to be that I'm not FI and thus doing everything a bit backwards. FI first, then the good stuff. I just deleted 600+GB->1TB of recordings ranging back to 2012 so I can get this done. I have experienced the trickle over effect of taking courses or learning/experience things that don't involve practicing my craft that amazed me how much it improved my music so I am confident its for the best.

I have interests that I haven't found a way to earn a living and am now in a sales job. The digging holes and filling them back up is real for me in regards to getting sales (and jobs prior) but at the price of seemingly premature declining health situation. I'm halfway through the book on kindle and ordered the paperback so I can unplug and really become one with the philosophy. I am sold and have been decluttering for a few months and working on the big three.

I've always thought there was a better way and hope to come here for support. I have a lot of homework to do but looking forward to it.

Jin+Guice

Re: Eric's Dream intro

Post by Jin+Guice »

Hey Eric,

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm also a musician. I was able to use the principals discussed in ERE to live a life where I can support myself, save money and have a large amount of time for music. I do sometimes think how much more quickly I could reach FI if it wasn't for my music habit, but I know it wouldn't be worth it to me.

I used to believe that it was necessary to strictly devote yourself to a life of 100% music and that supporting myself through this was "making it." I thought the only other option was "getting a real job," which represented some sort of failure. However, I've found that working on music 100% of the time is not actually the best thing for my own happiness or for the quality of the music. I still devote a large amount of time to music, but I've also found that pursuing outside interests, some of which are remunerative, is helpful to my musical development.

Thanks again for sharing and good luck!

EricsDream

Re: Eric's Dream intro

Post by EricsDream »

Thanks jin, right there with yah. 🤘