Hi

Say hello!!
Black and white cat

Hi

Post by Black and white cat »

Hello all!

I have been reading the forums for a little while and I'm excited to get properly started on the ERE/ semi- ERE path.

I am 30 (F) and I live in the U.K. For the last couple of years I have been travelling and doing part- time/ temporary jobs. I had burned out from doing anything full- time on a permanent basis and was very keen to avoid work commitments.

However, I am about to plunge back into full- time, permanent work. There are various reasons for this change but it will mean that I can start saving money again. I'm apprehensive about the change (which also involves changing my location/ living situation), and I feel concerned that I will begin to feel trapped. I'm going to give it a try though and see how I manage.

I plan to start a journal on here. I look forward to learning from you all :D

wolf

Re: Hi

Post by wolf »

Welcome black and white cat!
Which one is it? More black ore more white?

Black and white cat

Thanks Wolf :)

My username is reflective of the fact that I would like a black and white cat as a pet. I don't mind too much as to the particular markings (whether mostly black with a couple of white spots or vice versa).

In truth, I love cats of all colours ... I hope my new journal doesn't just become filled up with cat photos. Ha!

I did try to make my username 'Cat' but that name was taken.

unemployable

Post by unemployable »

I was about to demand you post a pic.

Here's a library cat I was privileged enough to play with a few days ago.

Black and white cat

Such a cutie! What is his/ her name? I think s/ he looks very independent

chenda

Post by chenda »

Welcome! I love cats too, I'd love a Persian because they look absurd :) Whereabouts are you based ? I'm Southdowns area, 36 and spent much of my twenties in temping jobs...

unemployable

Post by unemployable »

Black and white cat wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:09 pm
Such a cutie! What is his/ her name? I think s/ he looks very independent
He's Mister Witty and he lives in the library of the tiny town of Lake City, Colorado.

He's in fact a very friendly, personable cat. He would spend 10-15 minutes on my lap, then suddenly jump off and explore some other part of the library, then 15 minutes later decide it's lap time again, and this would repeat over the several hours I was there. My second day there he saw me come in, then ran ahead of me back to the couch I was sitting on the previous day, then waited for me to get settled in before jumping onto my lap. So he remembered me :)

Black and white cat

@ unemployable It's great when they remember you. I think they are very perceptive and can tell how you are feeling too. Glad you got to enjoy being with him!

@chenda ... another cat lover! My location has been changeable and I'm not too familiar with your area. We'll see where I end up!

hutchol

Post by hutchol »

Hello! Welcome to the forum. I hope the journal works out; it will interesting to hear from another UK EREer.

Black and white cat

Thank you hutchol. I hope the journal works out too.