Hristo says hello

Say hello!!
Hristo Botev

Hristo says hello

Post by Hristo Botev »

Hello all. This is my first time actively participating in any sort of online forum, and I'm hoping that with the help of you all and the ERE Journal (I just started one called Hristo's FI Journal that has a little more info about me) I will be able to get on and stay on track with respect to getting my savings rate numbers up to where they should be, as me and my family work towards our goal of FI.

Thanks for creating and maintaining such a wonderful online community! I'm really excited to be part of it.

wolf

Re: Hristo says hello

Post by wolf »

Welcome Hristo!

prognastat

Post by prognastat »

Hi Hristo, welcome to the forums. Why don't you tell us a little about yourself and how you found ERE?

SavingWithBabies

Post by SavingWithBabies »

Welcome! I'll link your journal here so people can click through: Hristo's FI Journal

Hristo Botev

Post by Hristo Botev »

SavingWithBabies wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:44 am
Welcome! I'll link your journal here so people can click through: Hristo's FI Journal
Thanks! As I said, I'm brand new to actively participating in online forums, so I very much appreciate the help! Wasn't aware that linking was an option.

Hristo Botev

Post by Hristo Botev »

prognastat wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:30 am
Hi Hristo, welcome to the forums. Why don't you tell us a little about yourself and how you found ERE?
Thanks! I found ERE via MMM. Briefly about me I'm a 40-year-old married male living in a large city in the South (US) with 2 kids in elementary school. My family started our FI journey in 2015, and as a result we have paid off some significant debts so that we are now debt free except for the mortgage, which is drastically reduced after we downsized from a 5-br ranch house to a 3-br townhouse earlier this year. We have a total net worth (including the house and kids' 529 college savings plans) of a little under $500,000, and my net worth goal (which I just figured out, thanks to a helpful question on my ERE Journal page!) is about $2.1 million, which I hope to hit in 2024 around the time I turn 46. More importantly, however, my goal is to get my family's monthly savings rate to above 50%, consistently. So far, in the past 2.5 years, we've only been able to hit 50% once, not counting months I received bonuses. So we've got some work to do.

prognastat

Post by prognastat »

Well we can definitely do our best to help out. Lot's of smart people with good feedback around here.