HELLO FROM THE PORTLAND OREGON AREA !!!!!

Say hello!!
dropoutretire

HELLO FROM THE PORTLAND OREGON AREA !!!!!

Post by dropoutretire »

Hello this DOUG FROM [moderator: spam deleted] !!!!!! Nice to meet you all !!!!! Happy early retirement to everyone !!!!! :D

C40

Re: HELLO FROM THE PORTLAND OREGON AREA !!!!!

Post by C40 »

..... hey

prognastat

Post by prognastat »

Hi, welcome. How did you end up at ERE?

C40

Post by C40 »

From here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8726
dropoutretire wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:40 am
Thanks for asking and so nice to meet you, I am almost 46 now, so about 7 years ago I retired. 1st off I dropped out of school at 15 which was my 1st month of my sophomore year. my intent wasn't to retire early, but I really hated wasting time and losing money. So I left with all F's and 1 D grades. lol I always say that I mentally dropped out in the 7th grade and I really wished that I would have, maybe even earlier like 4th grade if I could have legally since thats about the amount of mathematical knowledge that I've ever used in life. I did have a boss at a gas station and he was the Millionaire next door type. He taught me all about compounding interest and investing in rental properties and more. He was extremely frugal always picking up pennies off of the ground. He was a far better teacher than broke teachers in my high school. He was far more successful also. I got marries when I was 18 and have been married to the same wife ever since which is another secret to early retirement. I never lost 50% in a divorce. lol. I started doing rental houses when I was 22 years young. I drive a 1992 Geo Metro and have happily driven it for the last 12 years roughly and I squeeze 68 MPG out of that hyper miling. You know it all boils down to income and outgo in the end. Waste not want not. Ive never been into stocks. 95% of the time I always do my own labor on cars and houses. The main thing that I attribute to getting ahead and retiring earlier than normal is seriously dropping out because it positioned me into much much lower real estate prices when I was buying up houses. If you want to know about my new Facebook page its called " dropout and retire early " feel free to like, share, and invite all of your friends to it, and anymore questions please feel free to ask and again it was so nice to meet you.

prognastat

Post by prognastat »

...and now I'm confused.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

brute wonders what his facebook page is

suomalainen

Post by suomalainen »

facebook sux

and you use too many exclamation points. are you 15?

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

prognastat wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:34 pm
...and now I'm confused.
then read this thread

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Doug loves doing reverse introduction threads, where he loudly blanket greets all new members and lets them know they can contact him on a different site.