Gilberto de Piento's Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
Farm_or

Re: Gilberto de Piento's Journal

Postby Farm_or » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:12 am

Awesome! Especially over these last two months might be the most difficult of the year?

Gilberto de Piento

Postby Gilberto de Piento » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Farm_or wrote:Awesome! Especially over these last two months might be the most difficult of the year?

Thanks! It's hard to avoid spending at Christmas. Though my recent success is attributable to the stock market moving up more than anything.

Farm_or

Postby Farm_or » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:06 am

I can relate to the market earnings. This was a first for me where my equity investments outpaced my ag equity return.

One day, feeling frustrated with farm stuff, I asked myself "why in the hell do I bother?" If i sold out, invested alll the equity, I would have more passive income than active. But then I thought about capital gains and that this run up is more likely going to moderate. And most of all, I would would​miss my surroundings and the purpose it gives me...

mxlr650

Postby mxlr650 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:33 am

@GdP I saw consulting income in the previous page, so have you considered getting more consulting gigs which can accelerate wealth accrual?

Good job on your 170k achievement!

Gilberto de Piento

Postby Gilberto de Piento » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:05 am

And most of all, I would would​miss my surroundings and the purpose it gives me...

There's more to it than just having money. Purpose is important too.

Gilberto de Piento

Postby Gilberto de Piento » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:10 am

@GdP I saw consulting income in the previous page, so have you considered getting more consulting gigs which can accelerate wealth accrual?

Good job on your 170k achievement!

Thanks!

I've actually been thinking about telling them I'm not interested in more work. The money is good ($35 per hour) but they are a pain to work with. The are disorganized, they want me to use old fashioned methods, they second guess everything, I have three bosses that contradict each other, and I find it stressful.

The difficulty is that I don't think it can be replaced. They found me rather than me going looking for work. I've looked for other similar opportunities but I'm in a very narrow niche. Really, if I knew I would do the work, I should get back into internet marketing. Websites I made years ago are still making money. If I had carried on with that work I'm sure I'd be making $1000+ per month by now. And that money is passive once the sites are built, unlike the by the hour consulting work. I'm still thinking about what to do.

Farm_or

Postby Farm_or » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:35 am

I can relate to the three bosses. My experience was with the tin Man, the Lion and the scarecrow. Uncanny how their actions matched those traits. It almost made me crazy (maybe it did?)

It's not very comforting when you are going through it, but just remember "this too will pass".
And you are progressing rapidly to a goal! That in itself should make you feel a lot better than a lot of the poor hopeless slobs around you?

Return to “ERE Journals”