ERE Uniform

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
Ego

Post by Ego »

My wife came out of the shower and announced with a laugh that she was putting on her uniform. She's worn the same yoga outfit since last weekend. Same top. Same bottoms. Of course she wears different clothes to workout, but then changes back into her uniform.
Me too. I've been wearing the same shorts since last Wednesday and the same shirt for three days now. The only time I need to change is if I spill something on myself or workout in it.
We don't have real jobs so we have very little stress beyond the stress we self-induce. No stress, no stink. And we don't use deodorant either. Just baking soda. We do shower daily.
Anyone else have a uniform they wear every day?

m741

Post by m741 »

I don't have a uniform. But I do have a very small set of clothes I wear outside of work:
1. Plain khaki shorts, not cargo. Simple and relatively stylish. $30.

2. Two lightweight button-down shirts (blue & white). Blue is not ideal because I can't wear with jeans, but I got both used. $3-4.

3. One pair dark blue jeans. Bought new because it's difficult to find pants that fit well. $30.

4. Two decent-quality v-neck t-shirts, plain, brown/green. No logos. $14.

5. One pair athletic shorts, grey. For running errands or around the house. $4-5.

6. One button-down short-sleeved plaid shirt. $25.
I think I've worn this set of clothes (plus socks, underwear, undershirts) every non-workday since ~April. Undershirts are key for me, because I sweat a lot and wearing them allows me to re-wear overshirts. I wear the same pants for about a week before washing and air-drying.

LiquidSapphire

Post by LiquidSapphire »

I have a "work" uniform. Black slacks and a button down shirt in a classic color or pattern, black shoes. I can throw on a black blazer if I have to go to a meeting or something that day. I have a few black skirts for summer time/business formal occasions. You can create this "uniform" for around $50 for a whole week at any thrift store. If you get sick of a shirt, well, get another one for $4. No one has ever said anything about wearing a shirt too often or something. I do try not to repeat within the same week, though.
I have more variety in my "non-work" attire, though... but I can still fit every single piece of clothing I own into one closet! (includes off-season, formal clothing, "maybe will fit one day" clothes, all underthings (no dresser), but does not include coats).

C40

Post by C40 »

At work, I have a uniform provided. 13 sets of identical shirts and pants (though I only need about 3). No worrying or thinking about what to wear to work.
At home, I have a lot of clothes leftover from pre-ERE behavior. I just keep a small amount out for use and most of these clothes are waiting in boxes for the others to wear out. On Sunday I went to see a girl and she mentioned that she'd seen me wear that shirt a number of times and "is that your favorite shirt?". Yeah, something like that.

anomie

Post by anomie »

white jockey t-shirts and a single pair of khaki green shorts are apparently my uniform this summer (& last summer & before that??) for work (at home) ...
I just resewed the button on the shorts yesterday, for the 4th(?) time in past four years i have had them ...
in fall it will be dockers cargoesque pants (wil probably latch on a single pair) and tshirts...

Maus

Post by Maus »

Top: Summer = Black Knit Polo; Winter = Black Mock Turtleneck

Bottom: Khakis, Jeans if outdoors, Khaki shorts if hot.
Plus some grey sweats for lounging around the house or as winter pijamas.

mountainFrugal

Re: ERE Uniform

Post by mountainFrugal »

Winter Uniform-
Hunter Orange stocking cap- hipster style or decreasing the chances of encountering idiots with guns (guns are fine, idiots + guns = not fine)
2007 Patagonia R4 fleece
ragged wool running shirt
running shorts
Fleece pants
wool running socks
booties or house clogs to keep the feet warm

Summer Uniform-
running shorts
wool running shirt
wool running socks

I am always ready to run and cycle through my running cloths as base layers each week.

mathiverse

Post by mathiverse »

I wear a t-shirt, hoodie, and sweatpants and optional wool base layer on cold days. I wear a t-shirt and shorts on warm days. That's my de facto uniform. In the future, I want to dress better, but that continues to be a project for another day.

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

I’m very consistent outside of work, my uniform is

Costco shorts (I have two pairs that I rotate)
Uniqlo monochrome t shirt: they are very durable, quality cotton and while in HK I could consistently buy them discounted for $7-9. I own like 7-8 of those here in the USA and another 5-6 are in Italy.

When it’s “cold” (I mean, Miami cold), I have a pair of sweatpants from Champion and a hoodie from adidas that I bought at TJ Maxx

I feel the need to change my t shirt every day, but not the pants and hoodie.

If I ever will go without work, I think my clothes expense could very well fall to zero for a few years (shoes being the exception)

chenda

Post by chenda »

I wear the same outfit 90% of the time. Makes life ultra easy.