Pooablo's ERE Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
pooablo

Post by pooablo »

May 2012 Update
Work has been going really well for me and I seem to be hitting my stride. Funny enough, I was the top salesperson in my category for my first quarter and that was when I was the most stressed out at work!
I was actually going to take a year off from work a couple of months ago but my boss and my performance at work convinced me to stay. I am glad that I did as it helped me to realize that I can overcome my anxieties and challenges at work. The good performance has given more options too. I talked to my boss about getting a promotion and moving to Toronto within the next couple of years. He was very supportive and I hope it works out. I miss living in a bigger city!
Suffice to say, I may as well enjoy the journey while I still have to work. In the meantime, I will continue to save diligently in the event that I ever have to take time off work or live a difficult situation. It's amazing how 10 years worth of savings in the bank can improve your bargaining situation!
May 2012
Net Income After Tax, Insurance, and Donations: $4,050
Total Expenses: $2,410
Total Savings: $1,640
Savings Rate: 40.5%
May 2012 Networth -- $170,000
Despite my savings, my net worth dropped because of the market decline. Oh well, I just need to take things in stride.

LiquidSapphire

Post by LiquidSapphire »

Thanks for your kind words on my journal! Glad to hear all is going so well.

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

Happy Pride Month Everyone!
I'm waiting at Edmonton airport before heading off to Toronto for Pride for a week. I'll also be networking for future job opportunities with my company in the next two years.
While I am in the 'rat race', I might as well be proactive and continue to look for more interesting and better-paying positions. I am lucky that I work for a dynamic company with so many different job options.
June was a great month for me as my net worth broke the $175K mark for the first time!
June 2012
Net Income After Tax, Insurance, and Donations: $4,370
Total Expenses: $1,390
Total Savings: $2,980
Savings Rate: 68.2%
June 2012 Net Worth -- $176,000
I am curious to see when I will hit the $200K mark. Seeing myself getting closer and closer to my goal is encouraging. :)
I am glad to see that some other people on the forum have become FI or are progressing towards FI steadily.

iProgramStuff

Re: Pooablo's ERE Journal

Post by iProgramStuff »

Hey Pooablo, it was great meeting you today! So many interesting topics..and it was nice to finally relate financially to people :)

Where are your journal updates? ;)

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

@iProgramStuff -- Hehe, likewise. I can't believe I haven't blogged in a year. I guess I've been having too much fun in Toronto!

frodo1983

Post by frodo1983 »

Hi Pablo,

How's your ERE journey going? Haven't seen much updates from you lately :)