Phayen's Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
Phayen

Re: Phayen's Journal

Post by Phayen »

So not too much to report. NW has increased from $223K in April to $233K in June. $8K over pace, should get there soon even if things keep slowing down as far as the PP is concerned. Savings rate is at 58% for the year so far. This is projected to slowly wind down to 50% by the end of the year due to property taxes and some other planned trips. So its nice to have that buffer.

I've been reading a lot regarding how people are questioning the PP and aren't sure if it makes sense to continue on with this. I feel like this is the exact time people should be looking into it. Personally, I think everything is overpriced. At least the PP keeps me in a heavy cash allocation. I'm keeping with it through the losses. If gold falls much more, I'll just buy more. If stocks go up a bit more, I'll sell them. The simplicity is key. I do keep a small portion (5%) as just dividend investing, but even that is 50% cash as I sell each stock as it hits 20% gains (which is plenty for me for the year).

The money aspect is pretty boring at this point. Just trying to make more, and figure out where we want to live next.