Gardening, cooking and FIRE as a byproduct ;)

Say hello!!
VilcanicAsh

Gardening, cooking and FIRE as a byproduct ;)

Post by VilcanicAsh »

Hi all, pleasure to be a part of this community.

I first came across ERE shortly after beginning my first graduate job about 6 years ago. I took to the ideas immediately and have sought to move in a stepwise manner towards the ERE ideal ever since, favouring skill acquisition as a means to build slack into the work->spend->consume cycle with resilience and healthy savings as a byproduct.

Right now I'm very interested in gardening and permaculture ideas, cooking and baking as well as general health and fitness. In the future I am keen to explore tiling, plumbing, carpentry and various new sports.

I'm currently based in the UK until mid-summer when I will be relocating to the US Midwest. This should take my savings rate from >30% to >50% based on better remuneration and lower accommodation costs.

Right now I am babysitting some seedlings indoors waiting for the weather to warm up here in the UK. There are roughly 20 capsicum peppers, 12 alpine strawberries, 25 tomato plants and an uncountable number of perennial salvias. Some of the salvias will shortly be making their way to a local community garden.

I am also an INTJ, unsurprisingly!

Looking forward to the discussions :)

mountainFrugal

Re: Gardening, cooking and FIRE as a byproduct ;)

Post by mountainFrugal »

These are both great skills. Welcome.