Germany Meetup

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
shelob

Germany Meetup

Post by shelob »

What's the level of interest?

I'd suggest that for those who are interested, we can post a rough outline of when and where we would be likely to attend.

Mine is:
Time: late June to September
Location: have family in NRW and Saxony, would be open to travel

Unless it turns out we are all clustered in one area, it might make sense to go with somewhere central.

chenda

Re: Germany Meetup

Post by chenda »

Bavaria might be a better region as there's a number of forumites in the Alpine region.

shelob

Post by shelob »

I could travel to Bavaria :) @horsewoman and @Melo are from there IIRC?
Might also make it easier for people in Austria/Switzerland to get there.

chenda

Post by chenda »

Yes and @Jean in Switzerland and @Seppia in northern Italy. I think we have an Austrian or two about as well.

bos

Post by bos »

I'm a Berliner, but willing to travel. I am planning a trip to Switzerland this summer so could possibly combine the two.

J_

Post by J_ »

I live in Austria, but only in the winter months.

rube

Post by rube »

Small chance for me, but I'll will follow this and see if it would fit in any of my plans.

disk_poet

Post by disk_poet »

With enough time I am also flexible. Timeline looks good. I will be traveling in the summer also.

kotton

Post by kotton »

My calendar is consistently up in the air, so I can confirm attendance only 2 weeks before. Sorry! I'll do my best to make it, as long as I can get there by train or bus (no car here). I am in the Alpine region as well.

disk_poet

Post by disk_poet »

Are there plans for length and agenda already? Are we planning a meetup somewhere for a weekend, a day, a week? Meet at a camp site, biwak space, etc? I might be traveling by bike and/or train. Any preferences?

Alpine region could be nice for some hikes but also health might prevent some folks to join and having an inclusive organization would be nice I think.

NewBlood

Post by NewBlood »

Is this for German-speaking people only or are you open to other western europeans? Totally understand if you all want to keep it to German, since it's easier to communicate in one's native language.

shelob

Post by shelob »

disk_poet wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:39 pm
Are there plans for length and agenda already? Are we planning a meetup somewhere for a weekend, a day, a week? Meet at a camp site, biwak space, etc? I might be traveling by bike and/or train. Any preferences?

Alpine region could be nice for some hikes but also health might prevent some folks to join and having an inclusive organization would be nice I think.
I’m not aware of any plans except what has been posted here. Do you guys want to continue organising this here or maybe switch to discord or something? (I could make an ERE Germany server…)

Personally, if my travel time exceeds three hours per way I’ll probably be looking for a place to sleep, maybe a youth hostel. In which case adding 1-2 days to my stay would make sense. If other people have similar intentions, we could have the actual meetup on a Saturday, so that people can stay longer if they want.
NewBlood wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:27 am
Is this for German-speaking people only or are you open to other western europeans? Totally understand if you all want to keep it to German, since it's easier to communicate in one's native language.
I don’t know why there would be problems with that. (And I find talking about certain subjects easier in English, anyway.) But it might be advantageous if you’re ok with hearing non-English conversations in the background :)

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

shelob wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:31 am
Do you guys want to continue organising this here or maybe switch to discord or something? (I could make an ERE Germany server…)
Disappearing into the darknet has a detrimental effect on those who haven't joined yet or might join in the future because any activity is effectively hidden to them. The forum has PMs to arrange final details such as specific time and location.

shelob

Post by shelob »

We can keep organising this here then!

Jean

Post by Jean »

if it's a week end without strong wind, 20 people could probably camp at my forest. It's one hour walk from transit and lot of free parking. there are some free parking closer, and a car could be used to bring someone who can't walk on site. There is no water on site, and when pooping, using a showel and bringing the tp to the fire would be expected.

Loudfart offered to organise a meet up at his place, and i wouldn't canibalize it, i think one sleepover meeting per year would be enough.

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

Hey Jean I will be on the continent with DW in the first part of May, probably within 24h from your place by busses or trains. Was thinking about going for a week to the Polish mountains but maybe happy to come and visit you, or otherwise we can meet up in some hut or campsite or some such. Think we’ll be around for not that very long so a complicated travel is not in books as then for the most part it would be travel by powered transport.

This is with no intention to cannibalise the other event we plan to head there too :)

Jean

Post by Jean »

@Guitarplayer
You'de be more than welcome.
I thougth loutfard's place was in belgium, which is much more easy to access from germany.

johnsmith84730

Post by johnsmith84730 »

I can meet any time in Berlin or near there.

MeloTheMelon

Post by MeloTheMelon »

I'm definitely interested in joining.
Like mentioned I'm in Bavaria but tend to travel between southern Austria, and BW / NRW a lot.
Since I can move my schedule is pretty flexible I probably could also travel somewhere further away

Gern

Post by Gern »

I'm also from Berlin and could meet here and nearby.
If the meeting is on a weekend it might be possible that I travel within Germany.
I am excited to meet you!