Dutch 2023 summer meetup

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
DutchGirl

Dutch 2023 summer meetup

Post by DutchGirl »

We've been talking about this in the 2022 topic, I think to avoid confusion this conversation should have its own thread?

The meetup has been planned for August 19th 2023 .

A location is as of yet undetermined.

Anarki

Re: Dutch 2023 summer meetup

Post by Anarki »

I'm very new here, but I'd be interested to join as I mentioned in my introductory post. Rube has my e-mail ;)
I don't know where everyone is located, but Utrecht is quite central and accessible.

rube

Post by rube »

Hey @Anarki , I did send you a PM, but I can't seem to find a reply PM or email? Can you let me know where you send it and/or resend it so I can check again?

Edit: got it now, thanks.
Last edited by rube on Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anarki

Post by Anarki »

Sorry, I probably messed up something, I haven't used phpBB in a while ;). I sent it again now.

rube

Post by rube »

Hi all, the 2023 Dutch ERE Meet-up:
Date: August 19
Time: starting time around 13:00 (subject to change).

Forum members expected to attend: Figmenter, Simplex, J_, McTrex, Quadalupe, Dutchgirl, Rube, Iluv2fly1 and Anarki
Forum members interested but likely not able to make it: Comandante, Bos and DXXR

I will send a BCC email to the members Iluv2fly1, Anarki, Comandante, Bos and DXXR an email with this latest information.
The other members already received the latest information per email from Simplex earlier this week.

*Simplex: thank you for offering once more this location.

iluv2fly1

Post by iluv2fly1 »

Thank you so much for organizing this. I'm really hoping we can manage to get there. It would be amazing to meet everyone in person!

One question I have is whether anyone is coming from Germany (or somewhere else to the south or west) that might be interested in carpooling.

comandante

Post by comandante »

I'm a solid yes for going!

Anarki

Post by Anarki »

Thanks a lot for organizing this!
iluv2fly1 wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:47 am
One question I have is whether anyone is coming from Germany (or somewhere else to the south or west) that might be interested in carpooling.
I will most likely be able to join and I live in the south (near Eindhoven). I'd be interested in joining a carpool, but I can only offer a contribution towards the costs since I don't have a car myself :P. I don't know if the location is easy to reach by public transportation since we don't have the address yet, but maybe Simplex or Rube can tell us.

simplex

Post by simplex »

The location is in Wageningen. It's reachable by train to Ede-Wageningen and bus.
Exact location will be shared a few days in advance with participants.

McTrex

Post by McTrex »

I’m joining from Ermelo. If anyone needs a ride from that location or from the station let me know.

figmenter

Post by figmenter »

I'm coming from Eindhoven. If you would like to tag along, PM me.

iluv2fly1

Post by iluv2fly1 »

Hi. I am coming! I booked a couple of blablacars! I'm super excited about meeting everyone.

I am going to stay in Arnhem since that is where I can get blablacars to/from. Is anyone else passing by there who could pick me up?

If not, can I get the address and any advice I need on trains/busses?

Thanks! See you all this weekend!

Anarki

Post by Anarki »

Unfortunately, it seems that I won't be able to make it after all this time around :(. Sorry about that, I only found out very recently that there's something else there that I can't move. I hope you have a great time and hopefully I can join next time :D

simplex

Post by simplex »

Hi @iluv2fly1,
Going from Arnhem to Wageningen is simple by direct bus. At Arnhem Central train station are several buses going to Wageningen.
We'll share the address in an email soon.

rube

Post by rube »

Details of the meetup have been shared by Simplex by email. If you didn't get it for some reason while you're planning to come, let us know.

If anyone wants a ride from the western part of NL (DutchGirl, Quadelupe?) let me know.
Last edited by rube on Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Yes, I'm up for it, it would be great. I'll contact you via email.

Quadalupe

Post by Quadalupe »

Looking forward to the meeting and just sent you an email rube, thanks!

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

I had a really nice day yesterday and I hope the same is true for everyone who was there. It was good to see some people again, and it was also really good to meet new people. We talked about (let's see if I remember everything :-) ) ecology, ERE2, the meaning of life (of course!), and yes, Monty Python made an appearance then. We talked about having a partner who may or may not be into ERE, we talked about parttime work and volunteer work. We've talked about using money as security versus exploring other ways to feel secure (developing talents, learning how to fix things by yourself, build other income streams, share/borrow etc). We talked about using our brain and/or using your hands/body to produce something (that you may or may not be paid for to do). We talked about travel and different cultures and sometimes also about the way in which they influence how you see money. We also talked some about how you can organize your finances in the Netherlands, including some discussion about jaarruimte which is this typically Dutch way of setting aside money for retirement.
I guess I am forgetting one hundred things we talked about, and at some point the big group split into smaller groups so then I couldn't even tell what the other groups talked about anyway.

The weather was really nice, in the morning it had rained but during our meeting outside in the community garden it didn't rain and the temperature was perfect. People had brought (too much) lovely food and drinks, so nobody went hungry.
It was great to meet you all, and thank you, Simplex, for providing the nice place to stay.

EDIT: my boyfriend would like you to know that while yes, he is frugal, he also has an amazing atomic clock. So. He only buys what he values.

J_

Post by J_ »

Our first meeting was 8 years ago. This time we had input from 9 people born in several european countries, living in the Netherlands. And one American living in Germany.
Luckily (for me at least) most of the “new” participants were “young”, that means new perspectives in our discussions. And the “grown/matured” new perspectives of the ones who were already there in 2015.
Because three of them have children in teenage years we could also discuss how they coped with their “ere” minded parents.
I think a main conclusion was that those children learned by example. And that they live in quite an other world as their parents. So nothing new as a process, but new in perspective .
Such a meeting gives me a positive kick: we strive to become a virtuous community!

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

DutchGirl wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:54 am
We talked about (let's see if I remember everything :-) ) ecology, ERE2, the meaning of life (of course!), and yes, Monty Python made an appearance then. We talked about having a partner who may or may not be into ERE, we talked about parttime work and volunteer work. We've talked about using money as security versus exploring other ways to feel secure (developing talents, learning how to fix things by yourself, build other income streams, share/borrow etc). We talked about using our brain and/or using your hands/body to produce something (that you may or may not be paid for to do). We talked about travel and different cultures and sometimes also about the way in which they influence how you see money.
This is so much down my alley, shame I wasn't there :)