Structured Procrastination

Your favorite books and links
mountainFrugal

Structured Procrastination

Post by mountainFrugal »

I double checked the forums via search... @candid mentions it in a quote... but does not define it... so I give him ultimate credit

https://structuredprocrastination.com/

This is a classic essay (and website!) on how to deal with competing prioritization of tasks for the procrastinating... I mean ... cough... cough... renaissance human. The idea of working on multiple projects came up in a different online art forum I am a part of and I remembered reading this at some point...it is relevant here for all you multi-potential-ites! :)

7Wannabe5

Re: Structured Procrastination

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Nice find! It reminds me very much of Taleb's description of his reading practice. He is able to read at a significant depth for 30 hours/week, because he puts down any given book as soon as it starts dragging for him and picks up another.

candide

Post by candide »

mountainFrugal wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 pm
I double checked the forums via search... @candid mentions it in a quote... but does not define it... so I give him ultimate credit
I am flattered by the hat tip; you are all kindness, but of course it was not necessary (which is what makes it kind, I suppose).

It is a great essay and a powerful tactic to use in the endless battle to get things done.

mountainFrugal

Post by mountainFrugal »

It is extremely effective! I got so many lingering projects done the past few months procrastinating on wedding stuff. haha.

bostonimproper

Post by bostonimproper »

Oh man, I feel this in my soul. Definitely how I get my best work done. Also, the dishes. 😅