From saver to RE “investor” / applicability of business seminars to personal life / assesing guru

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
Stahlmann

From saver to RE “investor” / applicability of business seminars to personal life / assesing guru

Post by Stahlmann »

Hi,

Inflation is destroying my savings. I was semi–confident with moving it between bank promotions.

Inputs to Renaissance ideal, system theory AI supercomputer, hive mind of this forum:
-I simply don’t believe in the stock market. “I don’t get it”.
-I got problems with family property
-there’s realization that possibly I will inherit something and it’s maybe better to get Renaissance Ideal perspective on the matter (from taking care of property in terms of plumbing, repairing and putting savings or “investing” in it)
-Started to look for solutions for line 2
-By mistake, I found some “magician”
-Didn’t have money for his seminar
-went to freebie during local meet-up of some “Homeowners Association” (but not in US sense, more like club who represents interests of property owners… unfortunately in theory)
-was impressed by his ideas/personality
-there’s chance to cooperation that I give him his money and he does some magic, I want to create some relationship with such person, maybe interest on my capital can pay for the seminar itself in the future
the question is: how not to get screwed over? Putting savings in different saving account was emotional, tough difficult decision…
-The idea how he makes money:
-… I (and he) won’t get paid by your clicking on the link etc…
-https://www-madom-pl.translate.goog/?_x ... r_pto=wapp
-Magical workshop:
-https://www-madom-pl.translate.goog/szk ... r_pto=wapp
-Other resources on him:
-https://youtu.be/H39P5P0namo?t=3430
-by mistake, I found pirated other seminar of the topic investing in the shares of RE, a bit disappointed and shocked by gamesmanship of entrepreneur/business owners class
-it’s probably possible to work for him as sources (finding deals for him), as in the above line, I can sometimes get lucky
-Plot twist: Is there any semi-closed investing community which has track record of sharing successful barbell strategies wrt US/developed stock market?

Output:
Would it make it me richer in Renaissance sense and especially in financial capital (the most visible one)?

So… people connected with Poland. How do you do with your investing strategy?
(@zbigi, @10cents, @Egg, there was this history graduate who moved to UK at circa 30yo., guy who left Poland in early age and recently shared his success and others).

zbigi

Re: From saver to RE “investor” / applicability of business seminars to personal life / assesing guru

Post by zbigi »

If you want to protect against inflation, just buy inflation-adjusted state bonds (https://www.obligacjeskarbowe.pl/oferta ... o/edo0732/). That' s what I do with most of my money. The rest is: in polish stock market (which is currently doing terribly, thanks to the Russian agression) and gold (which is also not tracking inflation).

Stahlmann

Re: From saver to RE “investor” / applicability of business seminars to personal life / assesing guru

Post by Stahlmann »

@zbigi, hmm, I thought about this move with 2/3 of my savings, but... I also wanted to finally join some biggy-backing strategy that provides inflation+3%.

BTW, aren't you in social class which can buy houses without credit? Why not join this bandwagon? Or learn to invest in shares of housing?

In an extreme SHTF scenario, owning papers (or electronic data on some disc) won't provide income or be tradeable for food.

chenda

Post by chenda »

I'm curious Stahlmann, what do you do for income at the moment? Are you employed?

Dream of Freedom

Post by Dream of Freedom »

What is meant by "shares of housing". Is it like the Polish version of REITs or some sort of small business with a consortium of owners?

zbigi

Post by zbigi »

Stahlmann wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:54 am
@zbigi, hmm, I thought about this move with 2/3 of my savings, but... I also wanted to finally join some biggy-backing strategy that provides inflation+3%.
I'm affraid that ship has sailed for now. For the high-inflation years, most people will be happy if they just manage to track it.
BTW, aren't you in social class which can buy houses without credit? Why not join this bandwagon? Or learn to invest in shares of housing?

In an extreme SHTF scenario, owning papers (or electronic data on some disc) won't provide income or be tradeable for food.
I guess I'm in a "social class" of people who worked hard at stupid jobs for 15 years, so that now I can afford to buy some property.
I never invested in housing, because in my region (Upper Silesia) I don't think think it's very good investment (because of demographics), and I don't want to won property 100 km from me (nearest viable real-estate-wise city is Krakow, about 100 km away). As for shares of housing, I haven't really seen any particularly good investment vehicle.The ones widely advertised in media sound like total scams. I probably could've played it all better, seeing the recent boom in Polish housing market (hindsight is 20/20), but I was busy working and am lazy in general.

As for extreme SHTF scenario, I only own a title to some house. That title is recorded in a book in a court building which the marauders are likely to destroy anyway (during Polish peasant revolts in XIX century, the first things that peasants destroyed were exactly such records). And any person with more guns that I have can easily evict me from the property anyway. So, I'm pretty much keeping my fingers crossed for civilization not collapsing during my lifetime.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Dream of Freedom wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:48 am
What is meant by "shares of housing". Is it like the Polish version of REITs or some sort of small business with a consortium of owners?
The magician described in the first posts has spzoo ("equivalent" of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_limited_company). Then I lend them money. After successful deal, they pay interest.

I worry about this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

I'm trying to get the papers which I'd like to study, even if I don't invest money in them. Not only that, but I don't know how to ask about it politely. Furthermore, I assume they have some value and I don't want to be seen as the competition who wants to get "papers" for free.

He assured me that his llcs has paid capital in 10k PLN. It's possible to create paper llc in Poland without paid capital, so there are some safety mechanisms.

The guy believes in "pacta sund servanta". He even made to leave property (without using force or going jail) Catholic business coach who created materials on integrity in business... and didn't pay the rent for like 5 years.

prudentelo

Post by prudentelo »

I know nothing about what you are talking about

Property development/management is a job and the best wy into that industry is get a job in it. Then youre in a position to judge other offers. People dont usually get jobs by paying $600 for a get rich quick seminar. Good luck.

rube

Post by rube »

Maybe it is legit, but be careful If you don't know what you're doing ...and...If it is too good to be true ...

I rather forego a potential nice yield than losing my money.

So to prevent this, investigate, educate yourself. It will cost time and effort. Maybe some money.

steveo73

Post by steveo73 »

My advice is just don't do it. Your savings are gold. They aren't for playing games or taking unnecessary risks. If you can earn a decent income you can retire early. Retiring early is relative. I retired at 47 (wife 44) and we've bought up 3 kids and we just went out to a nice restaurant to celebrate our birthdays. Your finances are such a small part of your life. I would focus on earning a decent income and just stashing money away as well as creating a good life for yourself apart from just retiring early.

My opinion is that when it comes to finances most people lie. They lie to protect their ego or to take money from you and give it to them. If they are lying to protect their ego they will probably have problems even admitting that to themselves.

If they don't lie they will clearly detail their positions and they speak plainly, clearly and simply.

Stuff getting renaissance rich when it comes to your money.

Investing is simple. Everyone can do it.

One of my tricks in life is to looking at all the fancy pants and ignoring them.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

I went (and piad of course). I wish.. I don't know. The evnet has name as one of the best real estate seminar in Poland. My personal problem hasn't been solved using knowledge based on this training. On the other hand, all participants were extremelly happy about it and it is standard thing for every edition.

The knowledge shared in seminar could be summed in below video (Polish language):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvxm2w6Qnik

Played a bit with AI (vosk, kaldi), Deepl and Subtitle Edit and created below files:
https://pastebin.com/ntU59vhC (my attempts to provide you English translation in plain text)
https://pastebin.com/RnXh0g9N (save this as .srt and you have working subtitles)