ERE Travel Thread

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
AxelHeyst

Re: ERE Travel Thread

Post by AxelHeyst »

I'll be in Longmont CO ~April 4-16th. I'll have my own accommodations. Would love to meet up with anyone in the area.

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

Are you going to catch up with MMM????

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

Definitely planning on checking out the HQ yeah! I’m house sitting for friends who happen to live there.

Slevin

Post by Slevin »

If you’re flying in, there’s a $10 bus from DIA to boulder, and then I think a $3-4 bus ticket Boulder to Longmont from the same station. If the times are far apart, this sets you right onto Pearl street which is the greatest place for a nice chill layover. Ku Cha tea house has a beautiful back room to hang out in (I’ve probably spent 300-500 hours back there over the years) and drink a cup of tea for cheap if that’s your fancy, and the sipping Chocolate from Piece Love and Chocolate is also like a $3 delicacy or something for the tiny size. If you want to completely avoid consumerism, also a short walk to the Boulder Public Library, which is a gem of a library with infinite beautiful hangout / relax spots.

When you make it to Longmont; Simply Bulk in old town Longmont is one of my favorite bulk stores in the whole Denver metro (as well as Nude foods down in Boulder which sells everything in glass jars that you pay a deposit on and then get back when you return). Depending on the season, Niwot has dancing under the stars (swing dance lessons and then swing dance) for free on Friday nights (might be too early in the season). Prospect new town was supposed to be a cool urbanism spot, but just ended up kinda lame.

Wish I was more help with Longmont activities, but I think most people just commute down to Boulder / Downtown Louisville / Downtown Lafayette to hang out and do fun stuff. I could give you a bunch of fun Boulder stuff to do if you want. April is also kinda edge season, so it’s always tough to know if it’s gonna be really nice out, or a foot of snow.

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

Nice, thank you Slevin! Definitely all ears for boulder stuff as well.

I’ll be taking the Amtrak in.

sodatrain

Post by sodatrain »

I'm going to Peru (Mostly Lima and Cusco/Sacred Valley) late April for a couple weeks. It will be my second visit. Any forumites down there?

AnalyticalEngine

Post by AnalyticalEngine »

@AxelHeyst - Let me know when you're free and I'll drive up to meet you one of the days. I'll probably be out of town the 5th-9th for my birthday/solar eclipse, but I can meet up any other time really.

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

@AE - will do!

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

Any forum members that are Amsterdam residents?

rube

Post by rube »

@,Seppia I'm about an hour out of Amsterdam. You'll be visiting Amsterdam, transfer? Need any help or want to meet up?

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

Thanks rube!
We will move there sometime this summer, so wanted to see who’s there and potentially ask for help (in the form of suggestions) if that is ok :)

rube

Post by rube »

Of course! Feel free to reach out. There are a bunch of others from NL - around Amsterdam who might be able to help out as well.

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

Thanks!

bos

Post by bos »

Seppia wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:01 am
Any forum members that are Amsterdam residents?
I am from Amsterdam, but not living there anymore. Will be back in Amsterdam in May for 1 month. Happy to make suggestions when needed

ErnestScribbl3r

Post by ErnestScribbl3r »

I've organized a sabbatical this year in May + June. My plan is to hike the original "Camino Frances" from the French/Spanish border to Santiago de Compostela. To get there i will walk, take trains/busses or hitchhike starting near Munich, Germany in early May. I will have to wait and see how it goes, maybe making the way back to Germany at the end of June (or flying back if I might have to). It would be great to meet ERE Forumites along the way. I will definitely reach out to @Jean, since I will be crossing Switzerland. Is anyone else here living nearby and interested in meeting up?

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls »

We are thinking about the Camino too same route same timeframe. Not sure we have to figure out how to get across the ocean.

dara

Post by dara »

@sodatrain I am in Lima, would be glad to meet up and would provide recommendations though if it's your second visit I'm sure you are already familiar with the country. Anyone coming to Lima feel free to message me.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I'll spend the last week of August in Belgrade, and the 2 or 3 weeks before in Latvia. I'll attend ERE fest in Latvia, and I'll be with a group in Belgrade.
I really would like suggestion about Belgrade. Is anyone living there?
In Latvia, I'll mostly chillingly explore the coutryside.

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

one of my best friends' wife is from Belgrade, they spend time there regularly. what is it that you are looking for?
I can tell you the Tesla museum is cool

Chris

Post by Chris »

Jean wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:28 pm
I really would like suggestion about Belgrade.
Check out the fortress. Eat some pljeskavica, sarma, and kajmak.