Small and winding road to freedom

Where are you and where are you going?
delay

Re: Small and winding road to freedom

Post by delay »

Thanks for your journal! Just 20% of your expenses is on house maintenance/repayment/interest, that is relatively low. The 150 for travel seems low if you plan to visit the US with a family of four.

You'll eventually have to replace your car, how do you budget for that?

Aspirant

Post by Aspirant »

@delay

Guilty on all accounts :)

House maintenance includes the mandatory fees and not much actual maintenance. We replaced water pipes last year and are paying that off on the loans section. During next 2-4 years we will fix drainage pipes and that's another 10 k. I have that in the common expenses category (joint account transfer) for the budgeting. But as previously I am not expecting DW to pay her part, so loans it is...

I am planning to drive the car another 5 years or so. Electric cars are still too much for my budget so I have to wait. I have to squeeze the car replacement cost from the current budget. Maybe less fishing gear shopping and more car shopping?

Yea, the travel budget is way too low. But it is lot more than previous years. Bro is visiting this year so maybe US trip is 2025.

Aspirant

Post by Aspirant »

Holy crap, what a January.

Car maintenance was planned and expected. I didn´t expect the fly shop sale. * Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the search engine optimization, and nice red uniforms *. But as I mentioned before, maybe I will categorize it to the mental health section from now on so it doesn´t look so bad. I need to have some kind of a light in the end of a tunnel.

I had so much activities during weekends, that I didn´t have time to worry about not drinking beer.

Income 3698,18
Joint account transfer -1250
Travel account transfer
Savings account transfer 1000 From savings account :/
Broker account transfer
Food -532,84
Lunches -99,1
Gasoline -175,35
Car -517,23 Car maintenance + inspection
Health -358,44 Mostly dental
Electricity
Phone
Hardware store
Shopping & sport -1009,26 Of which 700 fishing gear and 250 swim camp
Beer & restaurants -182,8 No beer, just restaurants
Travel
Misc -94,22
Credit card payments -477,91 I don´t even know :) Clearing out all accrued the online payments which require a credit card.