Greetings from Wyoming

Say hello!!
WYOGO

Greetings from Wyoming

Post by WYOGO »

Hello,

Finally decided to join, honestly due to the quality of the posts on this site. Some basics...

-Early 30's
-Single
-INTJ
-No longer an Economic Prisoner Effective 2014
-Voluntarily remain in my corporate salary position for now as long as it can remain aligned with my goals and desired quality of life
-Very big on simplicity in life, eliminating waste and reducing redundancy
-I view my retirement date like RMD's, it must begin while in my 30's.
-Gratitude is central to internal peace and contentment

Thanks for having me...

Dragline

Re: Greetings from Wyoming

Post by Dragline »

Cool.

That's not the Devil's Tower is it? Looks like a "thinner" version.

WYOGO

Post by WYOGO »

Dragline wrote: That's not the Devil's Tower is it? Looks like a "thinner" version.
It most certainly is, but this is a photo taken from the northwestern part of the monument. The most famous photos of the monument are from the south and east as they are easily accessible and give the illusion that this formation is more uniform than it actually is. I personally find this view the most dramatic, capturing the striking curvature of the southwest face and showing the how the forests of the Black Hills are conquering the range. This one of the strangest geological formations I have ever seen and it is not identical on all sides in either dimension or height.

GandK

Post by GandK »

Welcome!

I've been to every state except North Dakota and Alaska, and so far Wyoming is one of my favorites (Vermont is the other). You're so lucky to be there full time!

JohnnyH

Post by JohnnyH »

I love WY, especially NE WY! ... As far as state governments go WY is tops in my book and I'm hoping to retire to WY residency.

WYOGO

Post by WYOGO »

Nice! It was a choice and one weighed very carefully. I had the option of Texas as well and that was runner up. All states with personal income tax, though possible and even desirable in cases, were eliminated as options. I waited and when the opportunity arose, I promoted and was relocated across most of the west to be here.

I use a basic three tier evaluation system to filter candidates.

1) Financial Impact
2) Reduced Regulation Outdoor Recreation/ Natural Beauty
3) Weather

In that order...

Wyoming scores highly in all but the third category as it is not warm here.

It also fits well with the strategy for the next phase of my life due to the sheer amount of land and space combined with natural beauty. The lack of people make this a top candidate for those who desire and appreciate solitude.

Overall I feel fortunate to be here and will more than likely remain a resident. The promotion and relocation are just bonus.