deleted

Move along, nothing to see here!
Ego

Re: Juicing benefits?

Post by Ego »

The one I use is similar to this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VitaMix-SUPER-3 ... 3ce2bb4807

Seems like a good price.

The old bombproof vitamix models are the 3600 and 4000. You can also search vitamix stainless. Craigslist is a good option too.

Edit: The one above does not come with the tamper. You can buy that from another guy on ebay who makes a copy.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Oak-Tamp ... 2583fb026e

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

I called the restaurant supply store I like, and he's got some new and refurbished ones I can look at, including vitamix. He also does repairs, so that will help if I buy an expensive one I plan to keep forever.

I'm taking a field trip tomorrow to go and check them out. I need a crank can opener from him anyway (to open my prepper-sized cans of food), so it won't be a wasted trip if I don't see anything I like.

edit: should I be looking for those older models? Are they better? or just a better value?

(I LOVE the retro vibe of that one on ebay :D )

Ego

Post by Ego »

I don't know if they are any better. I grind up turmeric root and beets in it which are both notoriously staining. They even stains the inside of the stainless steel container. I could only imagine what it would do to one of the polycarb containers.

C40

Post by C40 »

jennypenny wrote:
edit: should I be looking for those older models? Are they better? or just a better value?

(I LOVE the retro vibe of that one on ebay :D )
INSTANT REVERSING!! With Flashes!!!

Update after I've had mine for a year or two - It's nice that when I have excess produce in the fridge (that will go bad due to having too much or not eating it, or due to me traveling) I can just move it to the freezer and use it in the blender later. No degradation or added difficulty related to freezing because I want everything I put in the blender frozen anyways. Same thing when there are more greens growing in the garden than I'm eating.

Chad

Post by Chad »

I have the Blendtec. I haven't ever owned a Vitamix, but based on the ratings other people give them they must be equivalent in terms of quality. I can blend just about anything, which, based on other reviews on here and everywhere else, seems to be the case with the Vitamix too.

I researched this almost a year ago, but I think these are correct:
- Same horsepower engine
- Same warranty (7 years)

The only real differences I can see are in the looks and in the pitcher/jar.

I hate the retro look, so the Vitamix lost out on that for me.

The Blendtec's Wildside jar is bigger (though there may be other Vitamix jars/pitchers of comparable size) and doesn't come with one of those tampers. I don't miss the tamper with Blendtec, but I'm not sure the Vitamix would really need it either.

Pick the one you like and I don't think you will be unhappy with the choice.

C40

Post by C40 »

Chad wrote: The Blendtec's Wildside jar is bigger (though there may be other Vitamix jars/pitchers of comparable size) and doesn't come with one of those tampers. I don't miss the tamper with Blendtec, but I'm not sure the Vitamix would really need it either.
To add to this -- I'm pretty certain that the Blendtec's current blade design (and to some extent the wider jar) is more effective at keeping the material inside moving around. Thus it doesn't have the need for a tamper. I'm not 100% sure about this as I've only used a Vitamix... but this seemed fairly obvious from watching a bunch of videos on Youtube. This is the biggest functional difference I could pick up. (I'm still happy with my Vitamix)

Chad

Post by Chad »

C40 wrote:
Chad wrote: The Blendtec's Wildside jar is bigger (though there may be other Vitamix jars/pitchers of comparable size) and doesn't come with one of those tampers. I don't miss the tamper with Blendtec, but I'm not sure the Vitamix would really need it either.
To add to this -- I'm pretty certain that the Blendtec's current blade design (and to some extent the wider jar) is more effective at keeping the material inside moving around. Thus it doesn't have the need for a tamper. I'm not 100% sure about this as I've only used a Vitamix... but this seemed fairly obvious from watching a bunch of videos on Youtube. This is the biggest functional difference I could pick up. (I'm still happy with my Vitamix)
I thought that too, but I didn't want to suggest it since I haven't actually used a Vitamix.

Fleming

Post by Fleming »

Fresh fruits juices are very beneficial for our health and fitness.
These fruits juices provide us a rich amount of vitamins, energy, mineral, and nutrition. They prevent us a number of diseases and play an important role to improve our health and fitness level. Drink fresh fruits juices in your routine diet to get more nutritious value in your diet.