Hello - nice to meet you!

Say hello!!
FI Fighter

Post by FI Fighter »

Hello,
I'm 27 y/o, and first time poster. This site has been an inspiration to me since I first discovered it a few months back. Prior to this year, I didn't think an alternative lifestyle was possible outside of 9-5 from M-F for the next 40 years.
With that said, I'm now starting my very own path to achieving extreme early retirement. I'm looking forward to gaining insight and tips from other like-minded individuals. One of the first things I did this year was revise my savings rate. Whereas I use to think saving 20% to 30% of my income was doing a good job, I now strive for 60% to 70%. It seems to be getting easier as the months go by.
Nice to meet you.

LiquidSapphire

Post by LiquidSapphire »

welcome!
I had the same epiphany - I used to think saving 20-30% was great, but am saving much more now that I can see the end result. It seems so obvious now, not sure why it didn't really occur to me before.

Marlene

Post by Marlene »

And what a great percentage - I´m jealous ;-)

FI Fighter

Post by FI Fighter »

LiquidSapphire,
Totally agree. Once I started saving at a higher rate, I questioned why it took so long for the light bulb to go on. I think a lot of it might be due to mainstream media always harping on the magical 10% number. My econ teacher is high school use to say the same thing, so I fixated on 10% for the longest time. Since I was saving 20% to 30%, I figured I was doing fine and ahead of the curve ;)

FI Fighter

Post by FI Fighter »

thanks bigato!