LA Area, Saturday, April 7th

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
J.O.S.H.

Post by J.O.S.H. »

Considering LA is roughly the opposite of an ERE Village, I figure it could be good to band together, exchange tips and ideas, gather wisdom from those who have been doing this longer than I, etc. Also, I'll be trying to recruit people, particularly if you live in the west side, to rent a house and have like 30 people living there? Not sure how many you'd need to make it economical, but that's the right number of digits, I think. Housing is almost impossible to do well here, and I can only assume it will be a subject of conversation.
I'm not entirely sure where we would meet, but looking at the map of public transport, central LA (or Union Station, I suppose) might be easiest. I live in Santa Monica (ugh, I know), so Westside would be a little more convenient for me personally.
Who would be interested in something like this?

christopher

Post by christopher »

I would be interested. I have the same preference for the Westside, but could meet elsewhere also.

RelicO

Post by RelicO »

I am in LA. I am out of town for a family event on the weekend of the 31st, Josh. Could we do April 7? I would be very excited to attend an LA meetup. As I have an already paid for car (I'll start a journal at some point and tell everyone all about it) I wouldn't mind commuting that much.
Point being, I would be extremely interested in an LA ERE meetup.

KevinW

Post by KevinW »

I'm interested but will be out of town on the 31st.
I'd prefer to take the train so I vote for the Union Station area. But I could go somewhere else if I had to.

J.O.S.H.

Post by J.O.S.H. »

Okay, let's meet around Union Station the first Saturday in April. I'll find a cool place around there (my memory banks indicate there is some nominal grass-area?) are post back soon. :) From my place on westside, it's a straight shot on the 10, we can move it a little west if we need to, though.
How do I change the title of this post?

RelicO

Post by RelicO »

That's great, Josh! Looking forward to chatting ERE the first Saturday in April. 3pm works for me.
Enjoy the absolutely gorgeous day in LA. Wow, feels like summer. It would be nice to enjoy it without worrying about grading and lesson plans this weekend.

KevinW

Post by KevinW »

4/7 works for me. Would you mind starting earlier, maybe something like 1 or 2 PM? The last train back to the 'burbs leaves at 4:40.

J.O.S.H.

Post by J.O.S.H. »

Yeah, let's push it back to 1pm. Also, there's a pretty awesome cathedral-esque waiting area in Union Station, so we can meet there, it's the one farthest from the tracks.

RelicO

Post by RelicO »

I'll be in the valley until 1pm on that day. I can just come late to where you guys are at around 2:10, or we could do another Saturday. I don't mind coming late, or rescheduling to another Saturday as my Saturdays are unconstrained aside from the first Saturday of the month, volunteer work until 1pm.

Bytta

Post by Bytta »

Finally I have the chance to meet fellow ere-doers. Just arrived here in LA and been practising some of ere principles in d past 3-4 years. Currently I live a semi-nomadic lifestyle between 3 countries (for now). Look forward to seeing you all.

KevinW

Post by KevinW »

I'm OK with rescheduling so JoeShmoe can make the whole thing. Or with sticking with 4/7. J.O.S.H., you're the MC, what say you?

RelicO

Post by RelicO »

Thanks Kevin. I'm thinking I'll just come on time on 4/7, have a friend substitute for me at my volunteer gig. It'll be nice to give and get some ERE support:)
I'm down for Saturday. Cathedralesque waiting area in Union station at 1pm, right?

Bytta

Post by Bytta »

So, who's coming tomorrow? I'm planning to be there earlier to see the blessing of the animals. I've never seen it before :)

RelicO

Post by RelicO »

Blessing of the Animals looks interesting! I'll be at the Cathedralesque waiting area at Union Station tomorrow at 1pm. I'll be wearing a red dress.
...Kidding. Jeans and a t-shirt, probably. I'm 6'3".

J.O.S.H.

Post by J.O.S.H. »

Yeah, I'm MC. I'll be carrying the ERE book, in the awesome cathedral area, probably around noon or 1.

camachoborracho

Post by camachoborracho »

Wow, I've been looking to do this in LA more, but wondering how it's possible without a car, etc. especially while working in entertainment.
How long is this going until?

enfier

Post by enfier »

I'll be there, looking forward to meeting everyone.

KevinW

Post by KevinW »

I should be there around 1.

J.O.S.H.

Post by J.O.S.H. »

I suspect it will go on for an amount of time measured in hours, but aside from that, it would likely be an overstatement of how formal this is. I anticipate people will float in and out, as (1) the scheduling has been unusually difficult and (2) about 90% of ERE-Heads seem to be introverts. So no worries -- I would play it by ear (not actually me, because I'm the organizer, but you get the idea).

Bytta

Post by Bytta »

Ok, I'm new here so I think I'm in the waiting area that looks like cathedral. Not sure if anyone is reading this. Wearing grey top n dark jeans. Don't see anyone carrying a green book so far...