Living almost entirely in a Disney park

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?
BeyondtheWrap

Post by BeyondtheWrap »

I don't know, those hotels are kind of expensive. But maybe what you can do is rent some kind of apartment right outside of Disneyland/world. From a quick look on Google Maps, the Disneyland in CA seems to be in the middle of a city and have stores and other amenities nearby. Disney World in FL does not look so hopeful though.

dragoncar

Post by dragoncar »

I've worked for large companies and small. I've also been at work late/all night at all of them. I think the biggest threat is the cleaning people reporting you to the building manager -- security guards tend to be focused on the perimeter, not checking each office.
I'd probably need to install some kind of file cabinet that is actually a secret coffin-bed. It looks like file drawers, but pulls out to reveal a bed. I think my biggest problem would be snoring... hard to be stealth when you do that.
These thoughts are just fantasies, however. I don't think they are really viable when compared to renting a tiny room or even sharing a room. If you have a nice enough job that you have your own office to sleep in, you are probably making enough that the few hundred/mo you'd pay for access to a real bedroom won't make or break your ERE plans.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

"I'd probably need to install some kind of file cabinet that is actually a secret coffin-bed."
Eew, that's creepier than the princess pimps. I got this picture of office workers sleeping in morgue drawers designed to look like file cabinets (very "Brazil").

dragoncar

Post by dragoncar »

Maybe I should have said "capsule" bed: http://www.yesicanusechopsticks.com/thesequel/capsule/

riparian

Post by riparian »

Sounds like an awful time to me, but I think Wendy (wendyusuallywanders.com?) did it for a few months.
Any prostitute that's not retarded (in the clinical, non derogatory, sense) is advertising on the internet, not wandering around Disney World.

dragoncar

Post by dragoncar »

"Every year I buy a new pair of Chuck Taylor’s. It’s the first sign of spring. I prefer a 7 1/2, but not all stores carry half sizes. (“You could get them online,” the clerk usually says. To the customer. With money in his hand. Standing In the store. It’s an odd world.) Since the eights stretch and get too loose, I shift down to size sevens and spend a few weeks wincing as I train them. This year I bought three different pairs, in different styles. (The extent of my annual shoe expenditure is about $160.) All three pinched my soles in different places. I didn’t stretch any of them out sufficiently, and I would even switch to last year’s pair for comfort.  And so I came to pass that I stood in my closet at 4:55 AM, wondering which pair of shoes would be less painful."
So every year this guy heads to the store, knowing full well that they probably won't have his size. Every year he buys the wrong size despite being able to get the right size online. And every year his feet hurt.
Dude should get some different shoes.