Reminder: IRC Meetup Sunday.... or this weekend

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
LiquidSapphire

Post by LiquidSapphire »

Just a reminder that I set up the next IRC Meetup to be Sunday, February 19.
Some people have asked for it to be Saturday, or all weekend.
My fear on always having it on Saturday would be that it doesn't necessarily accomodate everyone's schedules, so that is why I have rotated the day from Friday, Saturday, to Sunday. But if no one seems to chime in on Sunday or the participation seems roughly equal to Saturday I guess we can make it always on Saturday. I just don't want to exclude anyone. My fear on having it last more than one day would be that you don't have that urge or impetus to sign on during a 2 or 3 day span like you do during just one day. That's just my point of view though. I am not the head or leader of these IRC meetups, I just choose a day and people just happen to show up! :)
So I guess the bottom line is, if you want to try to catch some folks in the forum, feel free to try all weekend, but if you want to try extra hard on any particular day, Try Sunday (as it applies to the US). So I guess that means Sunday night for people in Europe and most of Monday for people in Australasia and Asia.
By the way you don't have to wait for a meetup day to log in, you can log in any time. The IRC Thread (stickied at the top of the forum) has good instructions on how to sign in. No downloads required and it takes all of about 30 seconds.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Bumping up to remind everyone.
Liverpool is playing soon, so I won't be on until later (and probably PWI :).

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

I'm on right now.

TheWanderingScholar

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

Dangit. Did I miss most of it?