MedSaver's Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
MedSaver

Re: MedSaver's Journal

Post by MedSaver »

Biscuits and Gravy wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:39 am
Not that reducing this line item matters financially at your income level, but I am intensely curious how two people manage to spend $1800/month on food. Is there some waste reduction that could happen here?
It's 2 reasons. We usually treat friends/family when we eat out. Probably on average 2 times per month, resulting in "overages" of a few hundred dollars. The other is that we are including restaurants when we travel and those tend to be more expensive than those we frequent at home.

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

So close to the $4 million! But you'll get there, no doubt.

Do you have a favorite dining out experience that you can tell us about? A favorite chef, or favorite restaurant?

MedSaver

Post by MedSaver »

April 2024 Update

Assets:

IRA/Brokerage/403b/457/cash: $3,348,966
Estimated Home Worth: $1,200,000

Liabilities:
Mortgage: $661,918 @ 2.75% fixed

Net: $3,887,048

MedSaver

Post by MedSaver »

DutchGirl wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:11 pm
So close to the $4 million! But you'll get there, no doubt.

Do you have a favorite dining out experience that you can tell us about? A favorite chef, or favorite restaurant?
The only thing I can say is, if you love food, go to Tokyo. They can do almost everything very well.

thef0x

Post by thef0x »

Wondering if you're read any pushback on the 4% or 3% rule. Specifically: https://www.madfientist.com/discretiona ... -strategy/

For folks with a serious nestegg like yourself, this strategy becomes possible specifically because discretionary spending eats up a large amount of ongoing spending (in madFientist's example, his is 50%).

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts as I'm in a similar boat NW wise and flirting with these ideas myself.

Also, any specifics eating in Tokyo? I'm planning on going this Fall. Cheers and congrats on your continued successes!