The Warrior Diet

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
riparian

Post by riparian »

I count the hinting license, but bullets and snare wire go under outfit. I think hunting might just be cheaper here.

MattF

Post by MattF »

Wow, that is a detailed breakdown, well done! To answer your question, my budget does include supplements. I bought more supplements than usual this month because I was getting excited about strength training again. I will always take whey protein, multi-vitamin, and fish oil. I could definitely cut the other stuff (BCAAs, vasodialator, creatine, etc.), but it fits within my budget for now and I enjoy it... better than beer that's for sure! :)

aussierogue

Post by aussierogue »

guys you have all spurred me on and im on my first day of intermittant fasting diet (20 hours in). not ready for full warrior mode just yet but gotta say i feel good. 4 hours to go and looking forward to my meal.

EMJ

Post by EMJ »

Spartan_Warrior:
Not very many veggies, and no fruit in your diet - how does that work?

Spartan_Warrior

Post by Spartan_Warrior »

EMJ: Actually, I forgot to include my post-workout green smoothie of 2 servings veggie (collard greens and kale), 2 servings fruit (banana and strawberries), 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup OJ. Probably adds about $1.00-1.25 and about 200 calories MWF. I also have OJ frequently and throw in some applesauce and stir-fry veggies. Overall, you are correct. Whole fruits and vegetables are rather expensive per calorie and therefore I don't give them the priority they probably deserve in my efforts to maximize calories and hit correct macronutrient ratios for the lowest total cost. I will eat more when I start growing my own.
It's a work in progress.

MattF

Post by MattF »

Just to circle back since I looked up this thread anyway, I have more data on the leangains diet: I have gone from 165/14% at the beginning of the year to 162/10.5% today. Most of the fat loss was in the first 8 weeks, and strength gains have been consistent as well.

livinlite

Post by livinlite »

How bout the Carb Nite protocol?
http://carbnite.com/
Basically ultra-low-carb, with a bit of carb-heavy once in a while to re-stock and re-build the muscles.

zarathustra

Post by zarathustra »

carbs do not build muscles.

Felix

Post by Felix »

lillo9546

Re: The Warrior Diet

Post by lillo9546 »

is there someone who analyzed the warrior diet to deeper levels? (economic, social, etc)

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

lillo9546 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:42 am
is there someone who analyzed the warrior diet to deeper levels? (economic, social, etc)
Given how few have adopted it, it's unlikely to have any societal impact.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

It's often referred to as OMAD now (One Meal A Day). Also 20:4 IF. Try searching those terms.

'Warrior' morphed into 'OMAD' when they started recommending the diet to breast cancer patients and post-menopausal women. A 16:8 diet is the standard recommendation for those women but 20:4 is considered the gold standard.