Which is the best investiment? (New Build or Renovation)

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?
lillo9546

Which is the best investiment? (New Build or Renovation)

Post by lillo9546 »

Hi there!
Some time ago I made this post viewtopic.php?t=12677 about housing situation.

I'd like to ask: What is the best investiment/way to go I could do right now?
(I know that someone would tell that the right Investiment it's on your education, career, etc, but right now, I don't have a house to live in, I feel so insecure.. and I'd like to be indipendent by myself. The goal is to have a safe place where to stay now and come back in the future. I can no longer live within my parents. I think you know how important this could be to anyone).

So the options are:
1) Leave the rest to my brothers and keep parent's house, split it now, and go live in. My side would be around 50m², parents side 65m². Total cost from 30 to 50k.
2) Keep everything, and build a tiny 30m² house on the lot "b". Total cost from 40 to 60k.
3) Get a 100m² land and build a tiny 30m² house. Total cost from 80 to 100k.

mathiverse

Re: Which is the best investiment? (New Build or Renovation)

Post by mathiverse »

What did you learn from your first forum thread?

What has changed since the last thread which has resulted in your options changing?

Are there options beyond the three you have listed? Did you consider them already? If so, why did you discard them?

You are calling this an investment. Are you trying to earn money from the renovation or build? Or are you only trying to secure a place to live?

lillo9546

Re: Which is the best investiment? (New Build or Renovation)

Post by lillo9546 »

Atm nothing has changed so much, also, I think that options are infinite, but that is just what comes from my mind :). So please add your POV.
I am not trying to earn money, but the investiment I do now, it's also for the future, since that part of the house will be mine someday. (in the future i will rent that possibly)