FI Before 30

Where are you and where are you going?
detect_148

Re: FI Before 30

Post by detect_148 »

Interested to learn more about your Kombucha making process. A half gallon per day is a lot! What batch size do you use and how many batches do you produce concurrently? Do you continue to use your scoby indefinitely or so you retire it at some point. How long do you ferment?

frihet

Post by frihet »

Advaita vedanta... interesting. How exactly do you pursue that; is there some sort of retreat for that? And is that offered in Sweden? What benefits have you noticed? If someone was interested in this and the benefits it could provide what would you say are the 20% of habits that'd deliver 80% of the results, in your experience? New to me and interesting. I also feel I understand your statement about having more of a spiritual energy than the west.
Not sure how to answer this question. Benefits? It was more of an obsession between 25-30, obsession with " enlightenment" and meditation. After a particular hardcore retreat that obsession was burnt out or at least put to rest. I am certainly not enlightened, what ever that means. But I guess I have more acceptance and peace than many people. But have also felt how memory and intellect have become more dreamy/airy from practice. More interested in being than doing, feeling than thinking, if this is benefits, depends who you ask? It's certainly not a benefit out on the rigs. But can be for overall happiness. I experience bliss sometimes like being on exctasy. However when " uncomfortable feelings" arise they are also stronger. Some say that that gives you a better chance to leave them behind. By experience them fully, that might be true but doesn't make it easy.

20% / 80% thinking when it comes to spirituality I would put

1. Guru/teacher first, especially one who can jump start you with shaktipat and darshan. If you manage to stay close to a highly evolved being like that, that in of it self can be enough. Don't expect it to be easy though as a true teacher will always find your sticking point and challenge it. I've personally run away from 2 teachers

Shaktipat
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fGjxW7qCp8U

2.Daily practice, this will be easier when a teacher has started your spiritual energy. You will feel that you are being pulled into meditation. For me that used to happen in the afternoons.

Have not practiced like this personally. But really like this description of meditation in 3 steps
1. Focus on concentration through mantra.
2. Just sitting , accepting investigating
3. Work with/focus on difficult emotions. That is hard stuff and a personal sticking point.

http://files.howtolivewiki.com/.meditat ... tation.pdf

3. Retreats, you can come a long way, with just the two first . But to spend time in silence on retreat preferably with your teacher will pull you faster inwards and make it easier to go deep inside.

This is from personal experience. But understand that spirituality is not an exact science with one size fits all. It's more a trial and error or preferably a surrendering to the wisdom/ intuition of an awakened teacher.

If all this sounds strange? Good you are probobly just curious and not obsessed 😊

Better not dable with these things unless you can't stay away 😉

onewayfamily

Post by onewayfamily »

Hi mate,

Your main hustle seems interesting - I do something similar doing financial consulting and business planning for different business around the world. Like you, I love the benefit of getting into the detailed workings of so many different businesses and industries.

I also have been moving slowly towards a form of daily intermittent fasting - for me it's basically nothing after dinner till around lunchtime the next day.

Do you think you can get all the nutrients you need from 1 main meal? - I definitely agree it's super-healthy (we're basically vegan) but it must be hard to get enough variety of nutrients into 1 meal. I think it's a good idea if you do end up adding green/superfood smoothies and other vegetable dishes.