Meetup in the Netherlands

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
NickHalden

Re: Meetup in the Netherlands

Post by NickHalden »

I have registered as well, allthough sundays are quite hard for me to work out a meeting. Would be very nice to meet some likeminded people!

Ayanka

Post by Ayanka »

J_ wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:38 pm
HI Ayanka, last time we had an American young lady who joined our meeting, so I think you are welcome too. Last time we had our meeting in the middle of the Netherlands, I suppose that is not too far from Belgium to join.
Ok, thanks for the heartily welcome. I ' ll fill in the doodle and see what comes up. I promise I won't make any Dutch people jokes :p

McTrex

Post by McTrex »

Hi all,

I've also filled in the doodle. I'll try to come for real this time, together with my wife. She wants to know who all these crazy people are that I'm always talking about :lol:

lente

Post by lente »

Only been aware of ERE for a few weeks, total noob. I'm not usually the person to respond to irl meetups, but I hope to learn and hit the ground running. This seems like a good opportunity to do so. Hopefully noobs are welcome too :)

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Welcome, lente. I think there will people who are starting out and people who are on their way and people who have retired - and it's all okay. And we're not all on the exact same path, and that's okay, too.

Hégé

Post by Hégé »

I'm interested in coming too. I'll bring good beer from Belgium :D

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Welcome, Hégé. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Some people again, and some for the first time.

whatlifecouldbe

Post by whatlifecouldbe »

Hi. It's good to see there's a nice FIRE community in Holland! We live in Germany but we're moving to Romania next month. We're going to oragnise the Financial Independence Week Europe which si meant to be a fun weekend/week with like minded people around the topic of FI/RE, minimalism, self employment, investing.
It's going to be in Timisoara, Romania 15th-21st September 2017

Would be great to see some of you guys there as well!

Ayanka

Post by Ayanka »

Hey guys, is there any update on a date or place?

Hey whatlifecouldbe, I am sorry, but I don't think I ll be able to come there, Romania is a bit far out of the way for me.

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

On May 27, we seem to have 10 (actually 11, McTrex's wife as well) people who can come and join in, so I would say: let's use that date?

And we could meet in Wageningen again? (Thank you, simplex, for offering your house as the meetup place again).

So... That would be my proposal...

Hégé

Post by Hégé »

I won't be coming. It's too far away for me :( Next time if it's closer to belgium! Have a nice time.

Ayanka

Post by Ayanka »

Same, I'm afraid. I had hoped the middle of the Netherlands would be a bit closer to Rotterdam and Amsterdam.Not that I mind the other parts in the least, but public transport is so much better there. I looked it up, but 3 hours one way and 3 hours back might be a bit much. So maybe next time :).

Cornerman

Post by Cornerman »

I would like to join the meeting as well if still possible. Would love to share ideas.

simplex

Post by simplex »

Hi,

@Ayanka , Wageningen is easily reached by train from Amsterdam and Rotterdam in about an hour (actually the geographic midpoint of NL is quite close to Wageningen).

We can also move to another place, if that cuts down journey times.

NickHalden

Post by NickHalden »

So I am probably going to be there, how late will it take place?

Ayanka

Post by Ayanka »

simplex wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 3:14 am
Hi,

@Ayanka , Wageningen is easily reached by train from Amsterdam and Rotterdam in about an hour (actually the geographic midpoint of NL is quite close to Wageningen).

We can also move to another place, if that cuts down journey times.
I think that as it is the middle of the country it is a logical choice. However, it is one hour from Antwerp to Rotterdam by train and 2.5 hours to Ede. This is if none of the trains are late and I miss none and the Antwerp-Rotterdam line is notorious for being late. For me personally it is not worth being in a train for 5 hours in a day, but I also don't want you guys to reschedule to make it easier for me, I knew this could happen when I heard the middle of the Netherlands :).

rube

Post by rube »

NickHalden wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 1:42 pm
So I am probably going to be there, how late will it take place?
Send me all an PM with your email (I still have those from last time) and we can make an email group to discuss the exact details.

Last time we met up late afternoon till late evening. Something similar now would work for me.

simplex

Post by simplex »

So I might have missed it, but when is the meeting?

J_

Post by J_ »

Hi Simplex, some posts before thisone Dutchgirl suggested to all saturday 27 of May. Is that ok for you as you are most important for all of us..

simplex

Post by simplex »

Hi,

so May 27th. Welcome at my place in Wageningen.

Proposed meeting schedule:
around 15:00 arrival
having some cake and talking
if it is hot we can go for a swim in the river Rhine
telling ERE stories and asking questions
making a camp-fire and having some food
leave when you are ready

SUGGESTIONS FOR CHANGES WELCOME

Maybe we can coordinate further particulars by email. I think rube has the email addresses?