A Wiki! A Wiki!

Fixing and making things, what tools to get and what skills to learn, ...
Fish

Re: A Wiki! A Wiki!

Post by Fish »

Is it still a priority to develop this part of the ERE information triad? Should we be coordinating in this thread?

I was impressed to see @jennypenny's name all over the revision history and pleasantly surprised to see that she has been linking to forum threads as new sources of information are created. I've been wondering what can be done to help out (also see this thread? viewtopic.php?t=598). With the proliferation of personal finance blogs and the popularization of FIRE, it seems like a great time to develop the ERE wiki.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

@Fish -- I think the idea in the beginning was that everyone would add material to the wiki. Once the initial wave of contributions slowed down, I sort of took over maintenance of it. I skimmed through the forum threads once a month and pulled any pertinent material. To be honest, I haven't been as conscientious about doing it over the last few months.

Regarding your comment about personal finance ... I tried not to duplicate any information that was covered elsewhere. For example, there's no need to try to duplicate/compete with the general investing information found on the Bogleheads wiki. The financial information on the ERE wiki is mostly stuff that's directly related to the unique needs of ERE. Maybe jacob feels differently, and if so, obviously go by what he says. I'm just sharing what my own goal was when deciding what material to add.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

I hope my post didn't suggest that I'm the 'keeper' of the wiki. Everyone is free to contribute. I wish everyone would!

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Can I repost (without any changes) posts from forum to the wiki?
I mean it is easier to lookup for something due to the nature of the medium.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

@Stahlman - No!