Used bread machine from rummage sale

Fixing and making things, what tools to get and what skills to learn, ...
Sclass

Re: Used bread machine from rummage sale

Post by Sclass »

Working well. I went into the machine to do surgery.

I need to steal power and ground via the red and black wires. I've already bootlegged the motor control signal with the black and white wires. Those go to a toggle switch on the control panel that I installed.

The toggle switch simply opens up the control line going to the OEM controller allowing it to float high. This will full throttle the mixing blade...and cause the flour volcano. It looks like one of those sand tornadoes at a science museum. Not fun in my kitchen. So the override lets me spool the motor up slowly starting with a few minutes of mixing then going full throttle for fifteen minutes. No waiting "resting" required. I dump in flour, throw the toggle switch to go to override hardware, then hit the start button.

So to add my digital controller, all I have to do is hook the override signal to the open connection on the toggle switch that was once floating. And then I have control over the speed.

And voila. Here it is on YouTube. Enjoy. It is pretty boring, the fast mixing starts at 1:57. Methinks its time to make one of these into a coffee roaster.

https://youtu.be/Y6xWnry5gzg

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Next step would be to program it to play a little tune by varying the speed. Get a few bread machines together and you got an orchestra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oym7B7YidKs

Sclass

Post by Sclass »

Thanks for posting that. I watched several of his videos and kept thinking how beautiful it was. After a few minute I realized I'd better do something outside. WTH that guy must be crazy! :lol: