You can pay off your house in no time at all ! How I paid off my 30 Year $115,OOO Mortgage in only 23 months !

Favorite quotations, etc.
dropoutretire

You can pay off your house in no time at all ! How I paid off my 30 Year $115,OOO Mortgage in only 23 months !

Post by dropoutretire »

HOW I PAID OFF MY $115,000 3O YEAR MORTGAGE IN 23 MONTHS !!!!!

It was a multitude of things !!!! I sold massive stuff sitting around my house on OFFERUP which is like craigslist.
I used to be the typical American Consumer when I was younger. I have since halted pretty much all spending for many many years now !
I sold massive credit card points from credit card churning for about $30,000 of the $115,000.
I returned massive pop bottles to the store for a nickel a piece.
I always check every vending machine coin slot as I walk by it.
I never buy coffee out and I always know who as all the free coffee out there.
I am always buying car parts for my carlot and the big name dealers have free coffee where I buy the parts.
The credit unions have free coffee. The banks have free coffee, the tire stores have free coffee.
I do intermittent fasting so I save by eating no breakfast.
I eat dandelion salad from dandelions in my backyard which are actually extremely healthy for you.
I drive a 1992 Geo Metro that I get about 68 MPG from it because I shut the engine off and coast a on of miles for free and I pump the tires up to 50 pounds of air and duct tape the grill shut.
My wife gives me all of her change after she purchase stuff at the store.
I always tuen off lights when not in use.
I take a shower as fast as I can to limit the natural gas being used.
ETC. ETC. ETC. !!!!!!
BASICALLY EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS TO KICK THE BANKSTERS OUT OF YOUR LIFE !!!!! LOL !!!!!

thrifty++

Re: You can pay off your house in no time at all ! How I paid off my 30 Year $115,OOO Mortgage in only 23 months !

Post by thrifty++ »

Where I am the average property cost is more than $1 million so this really depends on what city and/or country you live in.

dropoutretire

Re: You can pay off your house in no time at all ! How I paid off my 30 Year $115,OOO Mortgage in only 23 months !

Post by dropoutretire »

James_0011 wrote:Why buy a house?
Good Point LOL !

dropoutretire

Post by dropoutretire »

thrifty++ wrote:Where I am the average property cost is more than $1 million so this really depends on what city and/or country you live in.
Ouch thats pretty spendy !

thrifty++

Post by thrifty++ »

Where do you live that houses can be so cheap?

dropoutretire

Post by dropoutretire »

thrifty++ wrote:Where do you live that houses can be so cheap?
I live in the Portland Oregon area and houses aren't cheap here. I bought this house many many years ago when houses were cheap. When I finally did what Dave Ramsey says "just bothering to do it" I was at $115,000 and I knocked it out in 23 short months.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Ok, nice alternative to many (too much) intelectualized people stories out there :p
Finally somebody who figured out the game early enough!

We tend to pretty open here. So let's go...

1. In what kind of jobs have you worked since you left HS? What was the salary?

A) I am asking for that, because it is easy to say to leave education... But what is next? Market laws are still there and with inflation of education...

2. Paying 5k $ per month only for loan. Nice! Any background of that story?

A) What are your monthly expenses?

3. What is your plan for healthcare?

4. What do you do with your free time after retirement?

5. Posting stories of whiz kids who left Harvard and then founded big corporations (on your FB) is not fair in my humble opininion.

I think you should provide more real life example of your life arrangements, there is niche for that (not everybody is interested in systems theory to figure it out by yourself, especially when you leave HS).

Questions are from my curiosity, I didn't intend to be impolite.

dropoutretire

Post by dropoutretire »

Thanks for the curiosity, curiosity is a good thing !

Here are you answers in following order.

1. I was a little lucky, but maybe not really. During high school I was pumping gas at a service station and I was working for the millionaire next door type thinker. His name was Arnie Hayward. He owned several service stations 1OO % debt free. He was always picking up pennies and he loved to teach me all about the power of compounding interest. One day he told me that if I dump that school habit that he will become my new teacher and he said would you rather learn from me ? Or from your broke and in debt school teacher with car payments and teachings that 95 % of people never use. He also said that I could work as many hours per week as I wanted to. So I dropped out and went and got a GED, I dont think that I even needed that though. I call it my biggest 3 day waste of time getting my GED because I dont think that I ever really used it for anything. I could have simply built a resume instead, like I did anyway. So I pumped gas for a few years and met my wife that I still have after 28 wonderful years. Then I went into warehouse work which was hard work. Then in the end for the last 12 years of my work life I drove semi truck around Portland Oregon being a pickup and delivery driver. That was an easy fun job. But the key is that during all of this time I started buying houses moving from one to the next and renting out each one that we left behind and ending up with 5 houses total. So thats what I retired from at 39 years young. But the fun really started about 5 years ago, because I am turning those houses into Clean and Sober rental houses now which are a million times better than standard rental houses. As far as the labor laws that I'm assuming that you were asking about, I didn't care about the laws when I was 15, I did what ever the hell I felt like. Back then they didn't really enforce anything and back then you could dropout at 15 and get a GED. I will tell you this though, while my friends were sitting on their asses in class twirling their thumbs I was making a whopping $3.35 an hour minimum wage working 60 hours a week once I started working full time. The employer didn't care about the child labor laws either and neither of us looked at it as slavery because there were no balls and chains and I didn't have to be there. lol Sorry about the long paragraph, but hey you asked. lol

2. Well, my monthly outgo is a whooping $900 a month now and after the next house it will drop even further to about $97 a month. lol. In my list of paying off the house I am an extreme cheapskate. So cheap I make a lot of money selling points from credit card churning and I still even vacation a ton with a lot of free points that I dont sell also to pay down real estate. I have been churning credit cards for about 20 years now I think. I have not had a car payment in over 25 years and when your not wasting money on interest 5k debt pay down per month is a piece of cake.

3. I buy healthcare and when I buy insurance I always insure for catastrophic loss, so high deductible. I dont buy dental because thats never catastrophic.

4, Well as far as the free time, I have none anymore. I helped my son start a carlot within 6 months after retiring and that keeps me super busy and we started that about 8 years ago. He's doing pretty good at it for a young guy. Ive talk him about starting tiny 1OO % debt free and growing from there patiently and steadily. He's made a few mistakes along the way but staying 1OO % debt free will always cure all in business and you will not fail in business. I always say that I am far too cheap to pay interest. lol Even though I still have some leverage on real estate. But I am chopping that with a passion.

5. You are correct about the wiz kids. But in reality I think that there is a ton more of Steve Jobs, and Bill Gates, but at the slow learning pace of the school system we will never know just how many more of them are out there.

6. I have a question for you now. How long did you go to school ?

7. Are you retired and if so at what age did it happen ? and thanks for all of the questions by the way. It was fun !