Toilet paper and safety razors

Fixing and making things, what tools to get and what skills to learn, ...
sky

Re: Toilet paper and safety razors

Post by sky »

We had one of those bidets for several years. It worked very well as a much more civilized way to clean one's self. After three or four years it started to leak. Luckily I discovered the leak before it damaged the floor and drywall.

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

I just spit on my (procured) toilet paper. Yay.

And don't forget to trim hair neat everywhere.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

amount of information dispensed just passed threshold of necessity

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

& use a mirror :D

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

marginal utility of information DEFINITELY trending towards negative

calixarene

Post by calixarene »

Just checked the forums after half a year, only to find this on the front page. :lol: So of course I have to reply.

I spent about $10 in the last year (one person.) I use the Scott knockoff from Aldi, and keep a couple of rolls of the fancy quilted stuff for guests. The easiest ways to reduce TP costs is to spend less time at home. That, and a diet balanced in soluble and insoluble fiber. (Sorry if TMI, but this is a pretty TMI thread.)

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

I think he's doing it on purpose, Brute.

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

Hah, yeah couldn't resist tbh. Though, to be fair, body hair management and thorough post-toilet procedures are highly effective strategies for cleanliness~

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

brute will take Olaz' word for it.

Ydobon

Post by Ydobon »

Resurrected after 6 months? That's practically new for this forum! :D

Recently spent £43/$53.99 for 200 fancy razor blades, expecting to get 14 years of shaving from them. I haven't told my wife, but plan to RE by the time they're finished.

Also a Merkur fan, although I would consider swapping out my current razor for something with a slightly longer handle.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

Ydobon wrote:Recently spent £43/$53.99 for 200 fancy razor blades, expecting to get 14 years of shaving from them. I haven't told my wife, but plan to RE by the time they're finished.
good countdown :) what type of blade does Ydobon prefer?

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

I bought some Feather blades back in 2015. $23.50/100 (someone recommended that brand). There are cheaper options on Amazon, like Derby; I'm wondering how big of a difference there is between them. I'm sure the cheaper brands just use metal that doesn't hold an edge as long.

vexed87

Post by vexed87 »

I bought a 100 pack of derby, big mistake, they're naff! I suppose I'll get through them before I die, but I'd much rather use a single Bic disposable!

I'll +1 Feather, I like Shark blades also. I hear good things about Astra blades too but only tried them once, so couldn't recommend them with any confidence. Get tester packs on ebay, but not too many because most cheapo ones are naff and you end up with 20 odd blades you'll never get around to using unless you are in a pinch.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

brute didn't really like Feather. very sharp, but caused more irritation than others.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

What others.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

brute likes Personna Red.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Ok thanks. I'll try those when I need new ones in... 2019?

Ydobon

Post by Ydobon »

BRUTE wrote:
Ydobon wrote:Recently spent £43/$53.99 for 200 fancy razor blades, expecting to get 14 years of shaving from them. I haven't told my wife, but plan to RE by the time they're finished.
good countdown :) what type of blade does Ydobon prefer?
Very delayed response, I am using Feather blades. After trying 4-5 different types, they were the only ones that didn't cut my face to ribbons when used for 4-5 shaves (I shave once a week).

vezkor

Post by vezkor »

@olaz I would strongly suggest discontinuing the spitting practice if you haven't already. The ecosystem existing at the entrance of the alimentary canal is NOT the same as the ecosystem existing at the exit of the alimentary canal.

While earning my bachelor's degree in Biology from the wonderful university of Michigan: I had a fantastic parasitology professor who also taught the microbiology course and his very simple (PG13) explanation was that "the bugs up top don't like the bugs down bottom, but if you're going to do it anyways, make sure you clean THOROUGHLY afterwards" (He was speaking to college students...)

Whatever might not have been able to survive your peptic acid would get a fast track to a very agreeable habitat and could seriously mess up the balance of your intestinal flora.

Definitely too much information being dispensed in this thread. I like it.

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

Yeah, now I just use water from the sink, thanks ere forum :lol: