Trump - Clown Genius

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
TimeTravel

Re: Trump - Clown Genius

Post by TimeTravel »

I cringe at Trump's bromance with Putin.

Come Jan 20th, the USA becomes a second class country to Putin. Putin sees the world as a chessboard and Trump a willing pawn.

black_son_of_gray

Post by black_son_of_gray »

black_son_of_gray wrote:
Ego wrote: Both the DNC and the RNC got hacked. Only the DNC data was released. For some strange reason they withheld the RNC data.
I was thinking about that yesterday. Here's my thought: If 1) I had dirt on both DNC and RNC, and 2) wanted to influence control, I would first leak one side to tip the election... I would still have my dirt on the winner, who takes over. Then once the winner assumes office, I blackmail them with the remainder of the dirt.

Two step process, doesn't really matter which way you go with it, although choosing to blackmail the politically naive one would be easier.
Oh snap!

Spartan_Warrior

Post by Spartan_Warrior »

Great time to be in the billionaire golden shower erotica business. Finally Trump is boosting some markets I can actually use. :twisted:

Riggerjack

Post by Riggerjack »

GAWD that was a bad article. How many ways can you say unsubstantiated claims while speculating about a super-secret, well known, unverified, document paid for by the DNC, and again by the Hillary campaign?

The Douche may have had sex with hookers? He may have been offered lucrative deals, that he then may have turned down? This is what you think he could be blackmailed by?

I know this is the NYT, the inventors of fake news (see Japanese death cult nukes Australia), but it's things like this that makes me wonder why people don't just go to the enquirer for their Trump bashing news.

Tyler9000

Post by Tyler9000 »

If you believe other reports, the most salacious parts of the release were trolling by 4chan that a political strategist who hates Trump actually took seriously and passed on. Even if you don't believe those claims, many of the points in the "report" have already been proven false with minimum effort.

Honestly, I think Buzzfeed did Trump a favor. CNN made news by claiming that Russian intelligence had serious dirt on Trump while not actually providing details. By publishing the actual document, Buzzfeed showed just how flimsy it all was. Media credibility is truly a dumpster fire right now -- And we thought 2016 was crazy.

But I like Spartan Warrior's idea. Sounds like a goldmine! Clearly there's an audience.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Spartan_Warrior wrote:Great time to be in the billionaire golden shower erotica business. Finally Trump is boosting some markets I can actually use. :twisted:
Sounds like "Stick it Out" and "Syborg" from Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage". "The golden shower has shorted out his master circuits . . ."

Qui gladio ferit, gladio perit.

Chad

Post by Chad »

Well, Trump failed this test today. He is going to have some serious conflicts of interest by keeping his businesses. I'm very disappointed in that, but not surprised.

The positive is he talked down some drug/healthcare stocks I have been looking at.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Dragline wrote:
Spartan_Warrior wrote:Great time to be in the billionaire golden shower erotica business. Finally Trump is boosting some markets I can actually use. :twisted:
Sounds like "Stick it Out" and "Syborg" from Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage". "The golden shower has shorted out his master circuits . . ."

Qui gladio ferit, gladio perit.
Qui pussy capto, pussy perit?

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

I believe that would "Qui vulvum carpe, vulvum perit," but I'm neither the Latin nor the vulvum expert in my household. :lol:

TimeTravel

Post by TimeTravel »

Trump dodged several questions. For example, when asked about how those currently on Obamacare would get guaranteed insurance after a quick repeal and replace, he pretty much started saying Obamacare is a disaster and he's going to replace with something much better, but didn't answer anything specific.

The Old Man

Post by The Old Man »

ffj wrote:...and perhaps actually require proof something occurred before reporting on it.
That would be called journalism. Journalism died a long time ago.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

But double standards and hypocrisy are alive and well.

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

Something that really disappointed me lately is the the plagiarism by one of Trump's picks. Scroll down to "Accusations of Plagiarism": http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38526346. Monica Crowley the pick for Senior Director of Strategic Communications for the National Security Council turns out to be a prolific plagiarist. She has a popular book that is filled with plagiarism (see the link in the article I linked to), her dissertation contained lots of plagiarism (see link) and her articles are also copied (not covered in article). The evidence is really obvious and anyone could replicate the results by putting her material into something like plagspotter or comparing her book with the other sources cited.

It doesn't surprise me that there are people who plagiarize as I've caught two of them in professional settings. One was even a person who was being singled out for their great performance. What surprises me is that this is really clear cut evidence of disqualifying behavior and still not enough to get this person removed. In my opinion, any reasonable college would remove her from a professorial position or a position on an IRB or similar. The credentials that would get her a job (the dissertation, the book) are not deserved. How can this person be trusted on national security?

Instead, the administration circled the wagons and plans to stand by her. This has happened on a number of occasions in my local state as well. The governor appoints someone who later is found to be unqualified for some reason or gets in some ethics trouble and instead of cutting that person loose and saying "we're better than that", they double down.

Further, I can't seem to find any articles about the plagiarism on fox news: http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/s ... wley&ss=fn or breitbart: http://www.breitbart.com/search/?s=monica+crowley. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. She works for both of them so it shouldn't be a surprise. I'm sure they're waiting it out.

Are there no longer any standards that we all share?

Riggerjack

Post by Riggerjack »

Forgive my ignorance, but the story here is that a political appointee is assumed to be less than honest?

Considering the job, that seems like a requirement. I mean, Senior Director of Strategic Communications for the National Security Council, seems like the sort of job you would want a good liar to hold.

If I were in the oval office, my concern would be that she doesn't seem to be a skilled enough cheater.

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

ffj wrote:@Gilberto
Here you go. The system seems to be working in her case.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz
That's good. I'm happy to see cheating is not rewarded. Also, you should know I would feel the same way if it was someone Obama appointed. I can't stand this kind of behavior.

JamesR

Post by JamesR »

https://avichal.wordpress.com/2016/11/1 ... waking-up/
The working, middle class has voted for change since 2008 and against Clinton (aka the establishment) consistently. They voted in 2008 for Obama against Clinton, in the 2016 primary for Sanders, and in 2016 they voted against the Republican establishment for Trump. They were very consistent that Clinton represents the system that screwed them in the first place and they do not believe she will radically change the system.

Ego

Post by Ego »

I find it profoundly sad that the only way we can talk about this is to laugh at it because I think he is spot on. And, yes, I think it is true on both ends of the spectrum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4BWjaLqVqE

black_son_of_gray

Post by black_son_of_gray »

Within one day of being inaugurated, over 100,000 people signed a petition for Trump to release his tax returns:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... compliance
This means it will receive an official response from the White House in <60 days. (There is also a mandatory blind trust petition that will likely also meet the threshold soon)

Couple ways this could go: they could just blow it off, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did, but because of the whole compliance-with-the-constitution thing might raise the eyebrows of some conservative members of congress*, providing some pressure. Party liners would probably just cry witch-hunt... thoughts?

*Not necessarily because 'constitution!', but more because they hate Trump. Also, by 60 days in, he may have made more enemies.

bryan

Post by bryan »

> *Not necessarily because 'constitution!', but more because they hate Trump. Also, by 60 days in, he may have made more enemies.

Well I thought the party hate would have resulted in a legal coup via electoral college (nominate a party-line guy and put the vote to the house), but I guess Paul Ryan and company are happy to work with (or more correctly use) Trump however they can (target of criticism, influence him to use his Exec powers in certain ways, etc.). Worst case they will latch on to some weekly public outcry and impeach him.

halfmoon

Post by halfmoon »

DH and I went to the women's march in Seattle today. It was extremely positive and welcoming to all, and it made me proud of Seattle.