ERE Puppy over Xmas

Move along, nothing to see here!
Did

ERE Puppy over Xmas

Post by Did »

Guess who is getting a puppy for XMas for a few weeks....

And no we aren't dumping him in a bush after this. We're helping him after he was dumped until he finds his forever home..... (or till 13 Jan, whichever comes first because we're off on a housesit then).

They (the rescue mob) even provide the dog food/pay any vet bills during his stay.

wood

Re: ERE Puppy over Xmas

Post by wood »

Congrats that is so cute!

I want a puppy now.

Scott 2

Post by Scott 2 »

Provided everyone in your house understands the animals are temporary, fostering for the animal shelter is a great way to enjoy pets, without the costs, long term commitment, or death. You can also get really young babies, which is lots of fun.

We foster a litter of kittens once a year. My wife and I get attached though, so we also end up keeping one every few years, meaning 2-3 permanent animals as well.

You might be getting a dog or two for keeps, if everyone isn't on the same page.

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

It's good of you to do this, thanks for making the world a better place.

Did

Post by Did »

He's here! Chewing a lamb bone. Impossibly adorable.

No credit is due for me. I'm not sure what my wife's motivations were, but to be honest we wouldn't be doing it if it were an imposition.

Bit of spillage when he first arrived, but we are working that out.

halfmoon

Post by halfmoon »

Photo? I need a puppy fix. :D

We've talked about fostering a puppy, but I'm 100% certain that we'd end up keeping it.

Scott 2

Post by Scott 2 »

Giving up the first couple is really hard, it feels like someone is stealing your pet.

It does get a lot easier. It's rare I shed a tear over it anymore.

Did

Post by Did »

Too lazy for photos on this place.

Had enough of the puppy now. Moaning all night for god knows what reason - we take her outside thinking maybe he needs to pee or do one of the explosive vile shits he is famous for. I'm not used to being woken up so many times.

Helps with our decision not to have children. Especially post quitting the job, there would be no escape.