Opportunities after?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
Farm_or

Opportunities after?

Post by Farm_or »

"A patient, humble temper gathers blessings that are marred by the peevish and overlooked by the aspiring." Edwin H. Chapin

I took particular interest in Jacob's book, where he talked about the numerous opportunities that arose when he was not tied to the time clock.

The future was fuzzy for me, but I had pessimistic expectations about the abundance of opportunities in my environment. Boy, was I wrong about that!

We've benefitted from a windfall of opportunity since I got out of the cave. And none of those would have been possible if I still had my nose on the grindstone.

Anybody else care to share success stories?

Eureka

Re: Opportunities after?

Post by Eureka »

I bet you did.

I have had long stretches (years on end) of not working a proper job, and little and big opportunities popped up all the time, such as translating a book, helping friends and family with webpage design and content, doing research for a tv-show, spending time with a terminal ill friend, editing and reviewing texts, teaching workshops, studying whatever came to my mind etc etc.

Currently, I work full time in a demanding job, so I have to reject all such opportunities when they pop up. The plan is to stop working for good in a few months and one of the things I am really looking forward to is being able to to just leting things happen once again.

Thanks for reminding me.