Travelling the Phillippines with a baby?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
knap82

Travelling the Phillippines with a baby?

Post by knap82 »

Hi, all

I am planning my parental leave and want to kick it of a long way from Denmark with my GF and our little son aged 9 months at the time.

We are leaving in the middel of April and are looking to the Phillippines at the moment due to the risk of rain season some of the other Asian getaways.

It's all about hanging out, relaxing as a family so tranquility, sandy beaches and enjoying family life is the main menu.

But where to go?

Anybody have experience with the Phillippines and know of a secret island, lovely bay other charming village where it would nice to sit on a porch and gaze over the horizon while the little man (hopefully) sleeps?

Sightseeing, big cities and crowded places is not on the agenda.

Hope to leverage on all your collective wisdom of travelling :)

/knap

TheWanderingScholar

Re: Travelling the Phillippines with a baby?

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

If you want sleepy villages visit the Visayan (Central) region. Less people, less developed than the Luzon (Northern) region. The major city in the Visayan region is Cebu on Cebu Island which my mother comes from. Because of that outside of Cebu Island, things gets less populated.

That is all the advice I have at the moment as most of the time I have visited has been just on Cebu Island.