Bioweapon Defense Mode & SHTF

Live local, get around without breaking the bank
workathome

Bioweapon Defense Mode & SHTF

Post by workathome »

Now if only it was powered by the sun, or maybe cold fusion, and could fly.

https://www.teslamotors.com/blog/puttin ... o-the-test

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Bioweapon Defense Mode & SHTF

Post by jacob »

Alternatively go sit in your closet with your HEPA vacuum cleaner switched on for more or less the same effect #bioweapondefenseroom

cmonkey

Post by cmonkey »

with more than three million people dying every year as a result {of air pollution}.
How is this determined? Lung cancer?

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

Asthma, too. I don't know what else.

I wonder how often that filter needs changed and how expensive it is. It's kind of cool to think they're making a car that actually makes the air cleaner. I hope the collision avoidance systems can detect pedestrians and bicyclists though.

Lemon

Post by Lemon »

@cmonkey

By a large respiratory issues, CVD and IHD. The culprit is largely particulate matter, diesels more so than petrol. But the worldwide figure is not really overly useful as that will include a lot of open fire indoors cooking and really unclean air in certain cities (think open fires fuelled by tires). But certainly true particularly in European cities where diesel is used a lot more, London and Paris are particularly bad.

Paper: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2944076/ (how you get to that sort of number)
I can find some more studies if interested, just need to fire up my old HD

I mean given that studies also show that cycling it better for you because the exercise benefits trump and PM matter risks...but that doesn't sell Teslas.