Indre's Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
Dave

Re: Indre's Journal

Post by Dave »

Hello Indre.

I can relate to some of the questions you are working through and goals you are trying to accomplish. A few thoughts:

-Everything in life is better when you take care of your health, especially getting enough sleep! I have noticed that getting enough sleep really helps smooth out the emotional ups and downs. I used to have a terrible sleep schedule and getting consistent sleep has greatly improved my mood.

-Following a budget/getting your finances in order makes big life decisions much easier, as the amount of pay does not factor in as much. Getting that budget going will help you see what your options are.

-Working for a couple of years in your new position will provide savings to pursue the Masters degree (or other options), a stronger resume, and time to reflect on what it is you want to do. Hopefully you enjoy the position more, as well?

Oh, and I know it has been a few weeks, but I hope you are over the flu now :-D. I look forward to hearing how things progress.

inchicago

Post by inchicago »

Hi Indre. It's amazing how so many of start to realize how we need to get serious about our goals when the toxic job is the cause of it. :( I also got very sick last year from working so much and never again. Once you lose your health, not much else matters so please take care of yourself first!

Who knows maybe the side gigs may turn out to be your "ERE income". :)

Your savings rate looks really good.

Best of luck!

henrik

Post by henrik »

Indre wrote:Peer-to-peer lending is really starting to take off in Lithuania
What site(s) do people use for P2P lending in Lithuania?

bradley

Post by bradley »

Congrats on going vegan! I've been vegan for about 1.5 years now, and I'm glad I made the decision. Something that might help when doing your budgeting is to literally just write down everything you spend on a day to day basis. If you only use cash or a mix of cash/electronic means, then this might be the best way to view everything easily (and it will give you a sense of where your money is going). Online, websites like Mint.com or PersonalCapital.com can help (though I'm sure if they're available in LT).

Two questions: Can you invest in international markets from LT? And what's your motivation for doing a Master's degree?