The Great Cold Death Of The Earth

Where are you and where are you going?
ShriekingFeralHatred

The Great Cold Death Of The Earth

Post by ShriekingFeralHatred »

blah
Last edited by ShriekingFeralHatred on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eureka

Re: The Great Cold Death Of The Earth

Post by Eureka »

Wonderful plan!

Mine is to do yoga, read books and go for long hikes.

The only fault I can see with your plan is that you might get vitamin D deficiency if you are going to spend all that time indoors :lol:

Farm_or

Post by Farm_or »

Good point about the vitamin d. I struggled with symptoms of Seasonal Affected Disorder years ago and it was no joke. Tried light therapy, st. John's wort, new hobbies like x country skiing and spin class and everything short of going to the drug pushing MD. My solution was plain old vitamin d

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

I checked out doom metal since you mentioned it. It was actually a lot more chill than I expected. "Bong of Satan" was the first song youtube recommended. :twisted:

ShriekingFeralHatred

blah
Last edited by ShriekingFeralHatred on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C40

Post by C40 »

In your first sentence, are you talking about the ending of the earth, or the end of you working?

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

If it isn't Black Sabbath or Blue Oyster Cult then.... oh nevermind.

ShriekingFeralHatred

blah

ShriekingFeralHatred

blah

Sclass

Post by Sclass »

Interesting story, thanks for sharing. The med school path looks like a big investment.

An old neighbor in Silicon Valley was a doctor. He retired and moved to LA. He got connected to the advertising biz and works doing ads endorsing homeopathic cures on late night or senior TV. It's pure horseshit and it makes me laugh when I see him (on my moms oldies TV channel) but I see the genius of it all. He works a little bit and milks his MD. He literally shows his face for thirty seconds and says "I'm Dr. xxxx xxxxxx and this is really good stuff. The best if you're suffering from xxxxx and don't want a prescription." All kinds of stuff totally unrelated to his specialization.

I also have this romantic idea of a mobile doctor of old. Is there any money in being a doctor who just comes over to your house and sees to minor stuff like chest pain or fatigue? Silly of me but I wonder if there is the equivalent of a mobile,mechanic who works a small group of people who want to get their heart listened to when they are having chest pain rather than driving in. Get paid in cash?

What about mixing up your own nutritional supplements like Tim Ferris in 4 1/2 hour work week? People may be much more receptive to an MD.

I've been watching this series on reversing Alzheimer's online. Paid subscription from a concerned relative of mom's. Complete horseshit. Like "our thereapy for memory restoration involves getting a strong emotional response from a patient. We make them cry. It can be hard when they cannot recall any sad memories." Seriously, these doctors are hawking this crap. People are desperate and forking over big money for coconut oil miracles to memory loss. The formula is simple, find desperate audience, sell them hope. Flash your MD.

Milk it.

ShriekingFeralHatred

blah
Last edited by ShriekingFeralHatred on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShriekingFeralHatred

blah
Last edited by ShriekingFeralHatred on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

> If I'd never gone to college and just did ERE while living at home delivering pizza, I'd have been out 3 years ago already.

Ouch!

> Just a thought - there are 11 replies to this thread and nearly 900 views.

I check the board fairly often, so when a thread like yours begins, I read the first post. Then someone replies, so I read the thread again. etc. Sometimes there are several messages before I read the thread again, but it's fair to say I'll have viewed the thread maybe 4-8 times in the process of seeing those 11 replies. The software may or may not count those as separate views.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

The forum is probably capturing NSA spiders who notice the mention of "death" and "earth" and "harem" and flag you as a terrorist.

ShriekingFeralHatred

blah
Last edited by ShriekingFeralHatred on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farm_or

Post by Farm_or »

Dang you were up early posting that rant? Can't sleep? Would you like a prescription for that?

ShriekingFeralHatred

blah
Last edited by ShriekingFeralHatred on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riggerjack

Post by Riggerjack »

Sleep deprivation is part of the doctor production line. This abuse is intentional. Like sleep deprivation in soldier and parental assembly lines, it has a purpose. Even being aware doesn't reduce the effectiveness of the programming.

With this in mind, I recommend you look to the purposes and effects of your training, and how that aligns with your purposes. Then decide how much sabotage of your training is practical and worthwhile.

ShriekingFeralHatred

blah