ERE in Sweden

Where are you and where are you going?
Forskaren

Re: ERE in Sweden

Post by Forskaren »

@MDFIRE2024

I am not working in IT, but I work with R&D in another technical field.

I am currently single. Many girls that is availible in the 30-35 age range seem to have problems. Perhaps I am too picky.

Expensive hobbies and stuff does not necessary buy happiness.One thing that is certain is that a lack of money could cause problems and unhappiness. For some people although, some very expensive hobby could be the center of their life, including owning horses, cars and boats. I am exploring what I like, but most things that I like is work related, cheap or average expensive.

Have you considered starting your own journal?

wolf

Post by wolf »

@Forskaren
I have considered it, but I haven't tried it. I do my monthly financial controlling. Truth is, that I don't want to spend too much time about it, because I'm trying to figure out my life around ERE. Does this make sense? Right now I want to find a good balance between thinking about financial matters and living my life as I want it to be. Therefore I also question my saving rate. Well, anyway, it is your journal. :-)

Thanks for sharing your view. Would like to here more about your improvements next month.

I'm also very sorry for what happend in Stockholm. Must be a very tragedy. I hope this terror is going to end someday.

tlevine

Post by tlevine »

I have come across several people in Sweden who claim that Sweden is too expensive for them to retire in, and I have looked at Swedish real estate enough to know that they are wrong. After you have retired, I will see if your journal can change their minds.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Forskaren wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:25 am
I am currently single. Many girls that is availible in the 30-35 age range seem to have problems. Perhaps I am too picky.
You seem like a really smart guy, so I'm assuming you know this. But just to be clear, that doesn't change when they turn 36.

Forskaren

Post by Forskaren »

@tlevine
Some things is expensive in Sweden, while others things is almost free (education, healthcare etc) due to the tax system. If you are a bit flexible about where you live, what you eat, what you do and what you buy, Sweden can offer good ERE value.

@ Jason
I mean that after 30 it is mostly leftovers and that the good women already taken, especially outside of the major cities. In my part of Sweden it normally means one or several of the following, several children, low education, mental problems, social problems, economical problems, ugly, fat etc.

Zanka

Post by Zanka »

Tjenixen! How are things going, impressive work beeing done here!

wolf

Post by wolf »

HI Forskaren. How are you? Still working? Hope everything is fine in Sweden?