Noedig's Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
Noedig

Re: Noedig's Journal

Post by Noedig » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:30 pm

She sent herself! Signed up with the Girl Scouts Of Alaska. Is sending us pictures of the sun while canoeing after midnight. Seems to be loving it. We will have her back for two weeks before she goes off to university in Scotland in September.

TBH I am enormously relieved she did it, rather than continuing to spend all summer playing Overwatch (the team-deathmatch video game of choice) and playing D&D and Earning No Money. She is even as I speak, being responsible for herself and a group of campers. She is teaching inter-personal and intra-personal skills through demonstration (One of the 7 named skills is "Grit"!). And likely singing Kumbaya. I am proud. Of course then she ends the summer with a week in New York so she might turn up with a tattoo. I just hope it's not on the face.

Thanks for the good wishes and underlying concern, Jason. Similarly, Halfmoon. We will wait and see what the next card is from the deck.

Jason

Post by Jason » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:33 am

Baits you with Hunger Games and switches you with Girl with The Dragon Tattoo.

Kids are smarter than you think.

Allagash

Post by Allagash » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:56 pm

calixarene wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:46 pm
Also, just read through your whole journal and you have a delightful writing style. I have an image of you in my head as an jolly but dignified Briton who says phrases like "old chap" and remains wryly stoic against all obstacles. (80% of that may just be my idea of what British people are like, which mainly derives from murder mysteries and Waugh novels.)

And as a daughter myself, your clear fondness for your daughters is heartwarming.
Anyone with a British accent here in the U.S. is a chick magnet. They love that stuff here. Heck extend that to an pretty much any Euro accent. And Aussies, NZ. But especially British. I know your married but just sayin' for those not.

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Mick Jagger is older than the Magna Carta and women are still killing themselves over him.